S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone recommend some upgrades to the 700? A transgo shift kit? shift servo? new bands? What would be the first thing to do (What is the weak point)? I have rebuilt my 4.3, bored .030, comp cam, header back exhaust, rebuilt tbi with tbi spacer and fi spacer, 60# injectors, homemade cai, msd 6a, and a hpp III. I don't know yet how much hp this set up will put out (it actually is finally goin in tomorrow), but I would guess 230-250. The drivetrain had 150k miles on it when I got hold of it so I am sure the tranny could use a little help somewhere. I have a B&M megashifter for it and I have replaced the filter and oil already.

This is goin into my 4x4 with 6" lift.

Thanks for the advice,
sled

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No one can recommend anything other than a servo for a 700r4? Are they really that good?

sled

·
a somewhat normal person
128 Posts
lokar shifter for looks but i would suggjest a b&m transpak on level one to hold gears to high rpm and manual downshifts for off roading and a vette servo or billet servo heres anothe thing but it isnt for tranny im assuming its a first gen since its a 700r4 so the front diff has a vacume accuator and that gets really slow if you want 4wd real quic so get a posi lock cable for it so you have better control of 4x4 engagement

1 - 5 of 5 Posts