S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished putting in a v8 in my s10 with a 88 700r4, but while on a test drive it was shifting funny. The shift points are really high and when you kick it down you can hear and feel the tranny slipping. I am pretty sure the tv cable is adjusted right, pushed cable housing all the way towards the firewall then pushed the throttle alll the way and the housing racheted forward like it was suppost to right? The fluid is full and the tranny was just rebuilt and a shift kit installed. I am stumped on what is going on. It slips real bad under hard throttle and it dont go no where. It also seems to jump a little from a stop but i think that is the tires slipping. Please help, its my daily driver.

·
Registered
745 Posts
trans

These trans were used in many different cars and trucks ,with different uses in mind,On the drivers side of trans is a round cover ,there is a govenor in there,it controls shifting points ,you will probally need to change the springs or weights.There are several aftermarket suppliers that sell kits for this,go to your speed shop.You can probally do this yourself and you may need to try 3/4 different times to get it how you want it. As far as slipping gos ,can you give me a better discription of what its doing? It doesnt sound to good!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its like when you kick it down you can here it whine and slip but if you are easy on it it seems to shift ok. sorry kind of hard to explain.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok i got it shifting pretty darn good now but one problem it is still slipping when you kick it down and it downshifts. Also could you give me a measurement from the bracket to the mounting stud on the carburator and also how far is the cable housing (the racheting part) sticking out the the clip holding it to the bracket. and reverse is still slipping. do i still need a little more tension on the tv cable.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i also heard i need to get my tranny calibrated for my rearend (3.42 limited slip) is this true?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts