S-10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About two months ago I bought a '92 S10 ext cab tahoe 4x2 with a 4.3/700R4. I bought the truck with collision damage to the frond end. I replaced the bumper, radiator, radiator core support and grilles, and that's about it.
Now I've noticed that as soon as my truck get's to operating temperatures it has a slightly different shifting pattern. The only difference I notice is that when it's hot (after 5 miles or so) the shifts from 2nd into 3rd gear are a bit rough (not very) and it shifts into 3rd very quickly. When I'm rollin at 30 MPH and I touch the pedal just very slightly it immediately shifts into 3rd gear and then it kinda pulls like a tractor because it's pulling at a very low RPM in 3rd gear around 30 to 35 MPH. Is this normal to 700R4's behind a 4.3 or might this have something to do with, say, maybe the T.V.(throttle valve) cable being slightly out of adjustment due to the collision or so?
:boom:

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
Yea......readjust you TV cable. If you don't know how to do it go to the library and get the chilton manual for your truck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts