S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Sno Tank
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im useing a 350ci. 4 barrel 4 bolt what tranny sould i use the 700r that is in my 4x4 S-10 blazer or the TH350 out of the full size truck that the V8 is out of? i know the 700r would be easier but and i wouldnt need to shorten my shaft, but how unreliable will it be?

·
Registered
447 Posts
well the 700r4 also has overdrive. It depends on your rear and what kind of power you are making.

·
Frame Laying Member
2,068 Posts
The overdrive is nice for the high way and daily driving for gas milleage and stuff. I think the TH350 is a little bit shorter than the 700R-4 so you won't have to modify your drive shaft, but I'm not 100% sure. I'm putting a 700R-4 in mine because I'm gonna be driving it everyday.

·
Registered
321 Posts
The 700r has a lower first gear ratio than the TH350,which might be nice for off road.It can also be built to handle some power.If you had the 700r before it will make your swap alot easier.

I haven't messed with any 4wd S-10's is your transfer case married or divorced?If it is married I don't know if the TH 350 will even bolt up.

If the TH 350 is shorter or longer (shorter I think) you'd still have to modify the driveshaft.It would have to be the same size to use yours as is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts