S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a truck that was bagged up front and has the air helper shocks in the back but no drop.........i saw the 3" leafs and 4" blocks for my truck will these work together??(it looks funny with the front down and the back up) or is to much and what modifacations will need to be done?.........also i eventually want to bag the back with the frame to axle kit will this work with the seven inch drop( i know i will have to notch for this )
any help or suggestions
thanks

·
no fat GUYS, truck will scrape
626 Posts
If you're already running a bag setup for the front, it's definately worth it to bag the back instead of dropping it with components. It's not gonna be much of a price difference and it saves you the hassle of spending money twice.
If you're gonna do a frame to axle kit later on, you're probably gonna want to spend the money for a four link and get rid of everything in the back anyway. Trust me...... don't spend the money twice. Just bag it right away.
:thumbup: :D

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
7" is kinda low for a non-adjustable sytem...with my front aired out, its just over a 7" drop compared to factory, and the crossmember is 3/4" off the ground. bad the rear, youll like it better..lata

·
Registered
3 Posts
hey i lowered my 90 s-10 with lowered spindles and lowered springs then cut 3 coils of them its around 7 inches, in the rear i used 4 inch dearched leaf springs and 4 inch angled blocks with a standred 3 inch c-notch and have lowered shocks in each corner
and i have 15x8 billet centerlines in the rear and the front r 14x10 billet centerlines i painted it white with flames i just have to say i have big plans 4 itand
its low and thats a start next im hoping 4 a v-8
but the point is THE LOWER YOU GO THE HOTTER IT GETS !!!!!!!

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
you could also pull out one of the leafs for that extra inch, im only runnin 2 leafs on mine

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the advice.........i know 7" is low but i have the air lift shocks on it right now so it is adjustable(they lift pretty high) but just up, not down, so i was thinkin with a 7" it would be fine cause i could jsut drop it to cruise......and i was wonderin this also casue i just got a system and kinda ran out of money so the the leaf springs r a lot cheaper at teh moment

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
another ?......... what did u guys/girls do about your exhaust up front did u jsut leave it alone or did u modifiy it at all(i have teh 4.3).......and did u guys put skid plates at all on the bottom?
thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
can any body tell what the box is that's hitting my break lines now that ive dropped my 95. it's bolted to the bottom of the bed and sits behind the gas tank and in front of the axle???
Can i just take it out???

·
I have a Civic now
3,786 Posts
Charcoal Canister

panamadragr said:
can any body tell what the box is that's hitting my break lines now that ive dropped my 95. it's bolted to the bottom of the bed and sits behind the gas tank and in front of the axle???
Can i just take it out???
Some have removed it but i guess it absorbs the excess fumes from your tank, it can be relocated by the filler neck or farther back by extending the lines, not sure if you have to remove the bed or not, i havent moved mine yet but its in the way.

Nathan:thumbup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts