S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
FELLOW S-10 ENTHUSIAST
940 Posts
Can it be done? Yes, anything can be done, if you have the money and the resources. Do you really want to do it? The answer should be no, IMO. It is a proven fact that round speakers sound better than oval speakers. If I were you, I would get a good set of 6 1/2" coax or seperates. You will be much happier with the sound, and instead of spending a ishload of money to make 6x9's fit, you can use that money to buy yourself a nice set of speakers.

·
Registered
134 Posts
this can be accomplished. u take the chance of the magnet being to big and the window not rolling down all the way. i used to work as an installer and a car audio store and we changed 5x7 to 6x9 in a 99 f-150. the guy forgot that the window wouldnt go all the way....cranked the window too fast and broke the bottom of the window......we stopped changing door speakers sizes unless it was a downsize...u can get a 6.5 componet set that will blow most 6x9s out of the water. i reccomend boston acoustic or jl. i have the new JL XR650-csi....they kick ass.

heres a link

http://www.jlaudio.com/evolution/XR650CS.html

·
FELLOW S-10 ENTHUSIAST
940 Posts
fukNitupagain said:
...u can get a 6.5 componet set that will blow most 6x9s out of the water. i reccomend boston acoustic or jl. i have the new JL XR650-csi....they kick ass.
The JL Components are bad ass, almost put them in my truck, but I had to go with the Focal's :)

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
I have $20 6x9's in a custom cab in my truck. I have no amp, the speakers are taking power from the rear channels, and the speakers in the doors (Pioneers) are dead. The cab has 3.2 cubic feet and is totally sealed. It sounds great! There's a shitload of bass you're not hearing from shitty speakers in the doors. The thing is, the bass is loud and clear inside the cab, but when you get out, the truck cab totally absorbs the bass. So, to surmize, if you like good sounding music while inside your truck, hell, 2 6x9's do the trick very well. But if you want other people to understand your taste in music you will need to have a little bit more. You guys would be surprised how much bass you can leach out of the stock HU and 2 20 dollar 6x9's.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts