S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
KING DORK
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I see CMT lift kits and Fabtech kits for 2wd. What are teh parts that come with the kit.

Spindles
Control Arms and Coils
Front Shocks
Extended Break lines

Flip Kit
Shocks

Miss anything?

Reason is I can get some of this stuff cheap and build my own kit

·
Registered
211 Posts
yeah it is just as good sometimes to put a kit together if you can get good deals on seperate parts. slo96 (i think it's him) is trying to unload some spindles really cheap..you should get a hold of him. personally, i'd buy parts seperate cause i'd rather not pay for say, fabtech shocks when i can spend the same or less or whatever on like Ranchos or something

·
KING DORK
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep. I got Belltech 2"Spindles, 2"Coils, 2" Blocks, 3"Leaf Springs. Street Scene valence Gen, 17 Chrome Wheels, 17inch Gunmetal rims, 225/50 Falken, Checkmate Bed Cover, 2-audiobahn 12", Kenwood 1000watt Class D Amp, Momentum 600watt 4ch amp, Rockford Cap 1farad I am selling all that. Then I can pay for my lift and rims and tires.

·
Mall wheeler
215 Posts
I sold the spindles.

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
Yes, but you may need to trim a tiny bit at the rear of the front fender well.

And you'll need to change your gearing for 33's, although if you have the 4.3L you can limp around with them for a while. With the 2.2 you'll NEED to change those gears!! I'm running tires that are about 30" tall on the rear of my truck for winter, and damn is it slow now, not that it was fast before, but now it's much slower. I can't imagine 33's on it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts