S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was wondering if anybody has a 6cyl 5 speed that they b/d or just bagged. the ? is what can you do about the slave cylinder. this is the first ever 6 with a 5 speed i have done and no I'm not makeing it an auto. I was thinking bout moving the motor up its only got to go 1 inch and im only b/d it to lay rocker so it wont make that much difference on hood clearence. thanks for your help and suggestions, Eric

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
I know what your talking about, I've never personally seen or had to deal with this problem, but I've read about other people and this problem, needless to say the threads I looked at never found a solution, I would think since its the slave you really cant relocate it, but I think you could raise the motor like you said and maybe make a new tranny x-member to raise it, and you may need to raise the tranny tunnel depending on how much you raise it... Post pics when you get started...

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Would raising the motor and tranny effect your pinion at the back of the transmission.

·
Draggin Body Member...
1,923 Posts
Not really because the rear end is going to be higher still, it would actually help it....

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Gotcha

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
My buddy had a problem on his 93 toyota pickup and used parts off of a Geo Metro and it all works.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the tranny would still hang down tho. Im just gonna raise the motor. thanks

·
I hate everyone
4,628 Posts
okay.... I'm not understanding the question apparently... I am a 6 cyl 5 speed bagged and I didn't do anything to my transmission...?

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well the truck is a 94 or should i say the motor, tranny, body is a 94. The frame is a 01 ZQ8. But thats not the reason it hangs down. Its the slave cylinder thats hanging down, I dont know why yours isn't but i wish i had your truck in here for the bag and b/d i would save me a little more work. I dont undersand why gm or any company would make anything hang down lower then the frame of the truck, dont they have anyone on the design team that has a bagged ride or a son that does. That would be great but now back to earth.

·
I hate everyone
4,628 Posts
hahaha!!!! yeah well there you go... looks like a good job to apply for!

but If you need a I can get a digi and take pics up under my tranny and some frame level shots... but my tranny is right at frame level... I did have to put drag plates on my tranny so it would not bottom out though.. its because of the angle that the drive train has... that sort of V between the front and rear drive trains.....

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
what yr is your truck?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
my partners truck has the same problem....its only the 94-95 6 cyl 5 speeds all he has done is drag thru it so far...havent found a way to fix it without alot of work yet....

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
Only the 94 and 95 5 speeds have the slave cylinder hanging out below the tranny. Every other year truck has it above the frame, so I would try and locate a replacement tranny from a different year truck, then sell that one..or trade trannys with someone heh

·
Still learning
449 Posts
So has anyone came up with anything yet on what to do to fix this problem besides replacing the tranny? I noticed it hanging down on my truck also since I have a '95.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
just moved the tranny up alittle and body dropped the truck more then i needed to, i b/d it 3.5

·
Still learning
449 Posts
Cool. Did you just make a new x-member or put a spacer on the existing one? Thanks.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts