S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's the truck how I bough it about a month ago.

So far, I have just sandblasted and painted most of the front end, I got a disc brake kit with 2 1/2" drop spindles. I am running Contitech 2600's up front with some cups I made. These are the only pictures I have so far but I just got a camera so there will be alot more.
Here's the front aired up (The Schrader valve is only temporary)

Here it is aired out

This is where the hole for the heater box used to be

That's all I have for now but there will be more to come.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm getting the motor out of the truck right next to it. It's a SBC 350 with a TH400 trans. The motor has an Edelbrock carb and intake manifold and looks pretty new. After I get the front end done, I am planning on doing a backhalf and 4 link. I can't really do any thing to the frame sitting in the dirt so I am going to wait until we move which should be in about a month or so. I might end up bodydropping it but the frame already is pretty close to the bottom of the rockers, so I am just going to wait and see how it lays once I get the back done.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
thats a pretty sweet project man! sounds like its gona be real badass when you finish with it. i am excited to see the progress. goodluck!

·
specializing in 98-up s10
4,803 Posts
looks like your going the right dirrection it seems the bags mount easy in them compared to the s10's .. i always like the early chevy trucks i want a surburban in that year/body style to bag

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for all the compliments, it definitely motivates me to go get some shit done. Yeah, it's super easy to do the front, you don't have to cut the spring pockets, and the shocks don't run inside of the spring so you don't have to worry about relocating them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
When I was first looking for an old truck, I wasn't really too stoked on this body stlye and I liked the 69-72 better. But now that I got it, I like it way more. Especially because you don't really see too many of them and 69-72s are everywhere. Anyways, this weekend I am going to finish up the steering and plumbing the brakes. I'll post some more pics ASAP.

Thanks again for all of the compliments.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
C10!!!! w00t!!!!!

gr3nade said:
When I was first looking for an old truck, I wasn't really too stoked on this body stlye and I liked the 69-72 better. But now that I got it, I like it way more. Especially because you don't really see too many of them and 69-72s are everywhere. Anyways, this weekend I am going to finish up the steering and plumbing the brakes. I'll post some more pics ASAP.

Thanks again for all of the compliments.
and you mean 67-72. 67 were the best becuz they had a nice front clip and the small rear window rocks. The 68 had a large rear window like the following years but retained the good front clip and the cool hood. I think 69 is when they started the fugly ass hoods. I think 70 is when they changed the grill for the worst.

Im realy partial to the pre-67 trucks... if i could find a short box i would trade my 1988 fullsize in an instant...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ss383 said:
C10!!!! w00t!!!!!

and you mean 67-72. 67 were the best becuz they had a nice front clip and the small rear window rocks. The 68 had a large rear window like the following years but retained the good front clip and the cool hood. I think 69 is when they started the fugly ass hoods. I think 70 is when they changed the grill for the worst.

Im realy partial to the pre-67 trucks... if i could find a short box i would trade my 1988 fullsize in an instant...
Ya, sorry about that, meant 67-72. Last weekend I was getting the steering finished and I had to drive like 2 hours to get a steering rag joint and when I got home, it was the wrong damn one. I was pretty mad about that so I didn't really do anything else to it. I need to get the right part before I can do anything else so it will be a few days before I can take it back and get the right one.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
hell i want your c10...

i would trade my 1988 fullsize and the 1968 frame and box i have here... and the muncie 4 speed in it (truck one though)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts