S-10 Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Thread's not dead guys, just sleeping while I actually work on my truck and get some results out of my 3.4L build.

·
Boozebag
8,997 Posts
That modified 2.8L camaro intake looks like it'd be hellishly bad to drive-the large, flat plenum area is not conducive to power production at all the way it's shaped, and it would puddle fuel like a pothole in a rainstorm. Lots of folks forget that dry-runner intake manifolds just aren't designed to handle wet-flow duties...port fuel injection manifolds don't work the same way plenum fed carburator manifolds do and they don't cross-over well.

You are right... That intake probably wouldn't make enough power to spin a bicycle tire, but it is in my collection of weird intakes and I paid cheap $$ for it. I just figured it would be amusing to see.

·
Boozebag
8,997 Posts
:bump:

This thread has been sleeping... Anything to add?

It should probably be made into a sticky.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
There is still lots more to add, I just have to get it all collected and presented. (Like all the aluminum head intake manifold stuff!)

Left to go:
Aluminum head intakes
Aluminum head conversion
Camshaft Selection
Roller Cam Conversions
4-bolt Main Conversions
Distributor/coilpack conversions
Water pumps
Water pump modifications
Timing covers
Oil Pans
Flywheels
Performance Modifications (which ones actually do something, and which ones don't do anything)

Few other bits and bobs...Could detail some of the port injection conversion stuff as part of the aluminum head swap, maybe a little bit about PCM swaps and tuning...there's a lot left and some of it I'm not 100% on. As SixShooter has pointed out, there are details here that I may get wrong, and there are things I may not know about too-I've only built 3 V660's now, the first was my blown truck engine, and the other two are replacement engines for it, one may end up in a chevette race car soon. (there is one for sale at a very good price close by...)

·
Boozebag
8,997 Posts
I vote sticky!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
So photobucket has killed this thread-I'll get the photos moved over to another service and try to finish this up.

I've got the following written up, just need to get it posted:

Camaro injection swap
Aluminum head conversion
Mini-starter conversion
How to get 300HP from your V6-60 the hard way
How to get 300HP from your V6-60 the easy way
Increasing fuel economy

Soon as I get a new photohost, I'll get another thread going-it'll be way easier than trying to re-do this thread.

·
Awww..you ain't got shit!
3,282 Posts
I wish famine and pestilence on Photobucket for the damage they did to this forum.

Imageshack gave us the screwjob too.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts