S-10 Forum banner

60/40 Bench Seat Armrest Latch Info

826 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  JDF2002 
#1 ·
I am looking for a link or part number to a new armrest lid latch that goes on the 60/40 bench seat armrest. Mine was already broken when I bought the 2002 S10 extended cab pickup. If I had the plastic hook, I would try to glue it back on. I don't want to get an old weathered plastic latch out of a salvage yard because it will probably break off soon too. But if its my only option I'll start looking there. I have searched the internet but with no luck finding this style. I have located new latches for the center console lid but they won't work. The armrest latch on the center console armrest is made different and will not work. I have searched this site and haven't found what I am looking for. I'm slowly repairing Items that the previous owner didn't fix. I have attached pictures of the armrest lid latch. Thanks in advanced for any help.
Outerwear Jersey Sleeve Textile Grey
Rectangle Wood Door Fixture Grey
Outerwear Blue Sleeve Grey Bag

See less See more
#2 ·
I've found a good number of these and resold them in the recent past. Finding a broken latch does happen, but it's the rarity. Most of the damaged parts are most likely due to abuse rather than brittle plastic. If I do find a broken latch on a good armrest I wander the yard until I find a good latch on a broken armrest and make 1 good assembly out of the parts.

I'm not finding a part number in my usual places, so a new part is probably out of the question. If you're really worried about used parts pick up a handful latches from the salvage yard to keep as spares for the future. It will be cheap insurance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.