S-10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
1990 S-10
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys i got this tranny that id like to sell seing im doing a v8 conversion it sits in my garage and hasnt been used for just about a month heres the history i know on it, at one point it was rebuilt and then the motor started going the guy said he drove the truck till it died which it did then he gave the truck to me for free he blew #1 piston into pieces and also blew the connecting rod so i have all the engine parts associated with it and the transmission which i do guaruntee to work but for the rebuild i didnt get the papers with it the truck wasnt abused asi knew the guy and he had no problems other than blowing the motor when drained the fluid coolant came out for about 1 min the a little oil came out maybe a qt so my question is how much could i get for this tranny and would anyone be interested ?? email me as i dont check too often and will mostr likely forget lol [email protected] aol- joedimassi email me with any questions and ill give you what information i have the tranny has some motor oil on it from him blowing the engine but other then that i had no problems taking it out clutch was good flywheel is good and the gears shifted good

·
Registered
205 Posts
DO NOT use the 4 banger trans on a V8 swap. The splines are not cut deep enough to accomodate the throw of the clutch after a V8 conversion. Clutch parts will eventually fly; hopefully they don't hit you in the head and kill you. Any other questions?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts