S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get front airbag brackets for a 1953 Chevy 210 sedan??? I wanna bag the front of this car but dont have a clue where to get some brackets for the front of it. Any help is appreciated. Thanks a lot guys!!!

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
dont those have coil springs at all four corners? if so, you would have to do sometriming on the front spring pockets just like you would with a s10 couldnt you make you own bag cups, but you might have to have different length cups then are trucks use. the rear the springs are exposed, so probaly just make some cups for them also.

try asking larry, i think he has stuff for older cars up on his website. airride sells the cups and brackets i think.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no they have coils up front and springs in the back....i was lookin for cups since i have bags already and the cups would b a lot cheaper than the Air Ride setup. All i need is some cups/brackets for the front of the car

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
you could always try a pair of s10 cups, the springs are just about the same diameter, so maybe you might be lucky and have our cups fit right in to the frame of the 53. if not you could allways cut off the studs that hold the cups in place and let them free float, or weld in new bolts in different locations.

since the back is leaves, you would have to make a custom weld in four link.. or you again could do the same thing some guys on here do.. remove a leaf to weakin the leaves there now, and then add a 4" block to the car would hopfully layout.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was just thinkin bout baggin the front of the car and just lowerin the rear with drop leaf springs.....u know of anyone who makes drop leaf springs for a 53??? do u think that the s-10 cups will really work???? thanks a lot for your help....really appreciate it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts