• Total voters
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Audi Tech
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5-speed
Auto
I'm looking for my next truck and see more auto's then 5-speed in the truck style i like.(meaning options, ex-cab, ect.) i'm not looking to build a crazy fast truck but i am going to go with a v-6, my plans are to bagg the truck along with doing the interior and exterior for shows. what shoud i do?
-i'm trying to do a poll, but have no clue how it works, so if ya can just post :D thanks!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Each has there own +'s and -'s. The standard has better gear ratios for getting going than the auto.
IMO, I always buy a standard, its better all around for towing ( Even though its rated less) winter driving and taking the boredom out of driving.

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
5-spd's are fun, but in rush hour they get on your nerves. I like the auto in my SS, even though I promised myself I had to have a 5spd, I cant complain!

PS: Powerbrake'n is fun!!!:p

·
Hyundai Owner
4,272 Posts
Automatics are boring. Ill never buy one again. My truck has a 5 spped and its a lot of fun.

·
Audi Tech
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i'm still really undecided. i think it'll come down to what truck i find for the right price. i'd be showing the truck. i plan on doing bags, interior, motor and paint. ah well thanks.

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
amen

·
538 Posts
you can but its easier to go from stick to auto than from auto to stick.

·
Audi Tech
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i have a possible 5-speed from my wrecked truck if i get to buy back. all i'll need is the pedal hook up, everything else is kinda....well trucks and trees dont' get along.

·
538 Posts
make sure nothings bent, and be prepared to cut holes in your new truck

·
Audi Tech
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
we plan on checking everything. some how the motor and tranny look fine, the radiator is gone. if we can buy the truck we'll tear things apart and look. holes are fun to cut when you have a plasma cutter, even the sawl zawl makes fast work of things. :cool:

·
I doubt everything.
160 Posts
well---->

I voted 5 speed cause that is what I have---->but it does take alot less energy to drive an auto, but can also be more boring. I personally think it shoul dbe on a sliding scale. the more power you have the more you should look toard Auto. That way you can pay more attention to how you are driving with extra power than how to get that power to the ground.

·
Audi Tech
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i'm not really looking for speed. since i don't really know what happend in my accident, i'm just gonna work on the show part. i had the 5 speed and loved it. i guess its just what i find for the right price.

·
s-series owner
70 Posts
i voted 5-speed because I like a vehicle with a
manual transmission. In my first truck, it had a
3-speed on the column. Both trucks I have owned has
had a manual in it.

·
up to sumthing
575 Posts
Autos are boring get a 5-SPEED :p :p :bah:

·
Wir sind allein
72 Posts
Engineering wise, a auto will usualy take more power than a Standard. A auto works on fluid mechanics, not a direct drive. You'll blow a torque converter before you'll ever bind up gears. If I want a 1/4 mile truck I would take an auto, but if I just wanted something to screw around with on the backroads and not do any serious power mods I would take a 5 speed.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts