S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got an 1988 s-10 swapped with a 5.7 sb 350 v8..its has eldbrock 600 holly crabs...other than that it is stock....what should i do to make it faster and reliable

·
I'm slap happy, bitches!
2,178 Posts
id go see a doctor about the 600 crabs.

what gear ratio rear end?

faster top speed, or quicker to 60/70

very vague questions we have here.

·
takes 2 balls in our game
5,666 Posts
The holley 600 crabs are better to deal with.They dont bite as hard and are easy to get rid of..:)

·
V8 Chevy Power > Imports
204 Posts
I'm sure you heard of the saying you can only pick 2: fast, cheap, reliable so guess you'll need money to make it faster and reliable :D and what is your setup like Deeze said trans, rearend? and what do you want from it and what do you use the truck for?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i dont mean cheap cheap..its not my daily driver..i ahve another s-10 as a driver.....but its a 3.42 posi rear.. and stock trans... my buddy said hell give me his 700r4 trans for 200 bucks...im just not use to small blocks yet just trying to get the feel

·
I'm slap happy, bitches!
2,178 Posts
the 342 rear and the 700 are perfect for a midrange torque smallblock.

the gear ratio is great for not spinning the hell out of the tires on the takeoff, and allowing the motor to get in the 2500 rpm range before the curve comes on.

you gotta find out what cam you have, you are going to have to go about this kinda ass backwards. the motors already built, now you have to build the truck around it. it kinda sucks, but with a mismatched driveline, the only real solution.

get the 700, find out what cam you have, get a convertor that matches the cam and rear gearing, and trans....... ETC.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts