S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
cats taste like chicken
1,419 Posts
u dont have to, but it wouldnt hurt. u can get a 2.25 bolt in notch pretty cheap thru Jason at suicide doors..

·
Shit's Weak
1,970 Posts
you will hit axle on frame over big bumps, but ive never heard of someone hitting hard enough to do damage, its just annoying. i say try it without the notch first, if you don't like it, get a mininotch. p.s. good to see some more 5/6 guys out there.:sheep:

·
Token Bald Guy
743 Posts
my 5 inch drop hits bumpstops hard, thought about taking them out but i think bags will fix when i do have to notch it. you should cut out the bumpstops along with the metal part under the frame then you could put in a little bumpstops just so it doesnt hit metal to metal

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have a 6/7 drop and alls i did was cut the whole bracket out and put in a 3/4" bump stop on the frame and i only hit on big bumps but not hard enought to hurt anything!

·
Registered
796 Posts
I'm sitting 5/7 and just cut out the bumpstops and brackets. Rides a lot better, but I still hit frame on med. to big bumps.

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
My buddy did a 4/6 drop on his 98 stepside ext. cab and his frame would sit on his axle when he was stopped. Every little bump was nerve racking. I was afraid he was going to bust his axle or something so I had him order a c-notch. Instead of wasting time with a mininotch though I had him order a 8" notch. It all looks and rides a hell of a lot better now.

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I'm in th e process of doing a 5/6 I finished up the back 4 day's ago. turned out to be a 5.5, but I only bottom out on med to big bump's. I have air shock's also. I'm getting ready to make a notch for it since I haul my quad in back. Front should be done this coming weekend and I'll get some pic's...

Forgot, I have a 4" block and pulled a leaf for the back and going to have 2" Spindle's and beltech 3" spring's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts