S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright im thhiking about goin 4/5 fora bit then a 5/6 later on with 20x8.5 wheels can i do it some people i see say that u cant and the theres a guy on here that has a 5/6 with 20's so obviously you can do it just wondering how much i would rub i have be getting 245/35 tires

·
Registered
19 Posts
i got a 5/5.5 drop and stock tires/rims and it rubbs if i hit ia big bump but i think 20s would work in the back and maybe in the front if you cut out the inter fender.

·
No more switches
13,451 Posts
5/6 with with 20s is damn hard to pull off. You will either a) have rubber bands or b) rub. There is no getting around it. The 5/6 members with 20s i've seen here, for the most part, have taken there inner fenders out.

·
S10's R Gay
1,196 Posts
Here was my 6/6 on my friends 20's. I have no inner fender wells, and the only time it rubbed it rubbed the firewall at full turn

·
Registered
960 Posts
i was thinking the same thing. i got a 2/3 now on 20s and it still looks high. what do you have to move under the hood on a second gen if you take out the inner fender? i have 245/40s and i was think of putting my 3 inch coils back on and and a 3 inch leaf to my 3 inch blocks

·
Registered
273 Posts
TOMMYGUNZZSS said:
i was thinking the same thing. i got a 2/3 now on 20s and it still looks high. what do you have to move under the hood on a second gen if you take out the inner fender? i have 245/40s and i was think of putting my 3 inch coils back on and and a 3 inch leaf to my 3 inch blocks
depends on what al is there. i really didnt have much to do because mines a 94 without abs so all i had to do was come up with a new overflow tank, which i had laying around from an sti. but if u have abs either ditch it or find some place for it. i dont remember what else sits on the fenderwells. but it shouldnt be too hard to find places for them to go.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Will I Be Able To Make A Turn Though. It Already Rubs A Little On The Frame But Will The Tires Hit The Fender?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts