S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to the S-10 moding scene. I was wondering if a 94-97 S-10 can be dropped 5/6" without a C-notch. If not how low can I drop it without having to C-notch the frame. I am plannin on baggin it eventually but I just wanna drop it for now. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, laterz.

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
ya ill be runnin a 6/7 without notches while i save up for my bags. but make sure u pull out the bumpstops and cut off the bracketts, and re route ur brake line

·
I have a Civic now
3,786 Posts
Brake line

IntenseMtrsprts7 said:
ya ill be runnin a 6/7 without notches while i save up for my bags. but make sure u pull out the bumpstops and cut off the bracketts, and re route ur brake line
Yea true, make sure it doesnt get pinched anywhere!

Nathan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What brackets are you talking about? And also where have yall re-routed your brake lines through. Also, will my axle be bottoming out on my frame because I know we did a 5/7 on my cousins Ranger and his axle slams him frame at every bump. Thanks for your help .

·
Bolt-On Body Dropz
2,617 Posts
ya once u cut out those brackets you wont be bottoming out against ur frame inless u hit a mad crazy pot hole fast. look through the suspension forum about bumpstop and bracket removal, ive seen like 3 of them and one of it has pics on how to do it

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
yeah 5/6 is borderline..

I had 5/6 on 95 ext cab. No bumpstop brackets, but it still hit every once in a while though. Although it still looked KEWL!!!:thumbup: :cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how far was your frame off the ground? Will it mess up the axle or anything else when it bottoms out only if it does it every once in a while?

·
Say lowered d
1,349 Posts
the frame

was probably about 2 inches of the ground i think. I seriously doubt that its gonna mess up the rear end if it hits. Just jars your kidneys. You'd have to jump it off a cliff to get it to hurt the rear just from bottoming out that little bit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL. I live in a small town in Texas and most of our pot holes might as well be cliffs. I had a Civic that was about a half inch off the ground and it never got hurt except for some broken headers. So I should be ok. Thanks man.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts