S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Purple Member
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my truck is the purple beast corywagz on here used to own, and now i am in the process of making her my own. I have done a few minor things but now i am looking to get to the fun stuff. The truck right now is riding on a 3/4 drop or so he told me i haven't gotten down and checked it, with 205/60/15 and a full ground effects kit. If i get some 215/40/18 and drop it another 2 in what are your opinions on it as a daily driver? From just looking at it, it doesn't look like it should be a prob but i know a lot of you guys have experience with this stuff and could tell me for sure. Also does anyone know where i could find a pic of a truck with a 5/6 drop and ground effects? I searched the forum and couldn't fin anything. Thanks

Ty

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
If you go 5/6 with ground effects then I hope you have alot of smooth roads where you are. My buddy has a '98 ext. cab he went down 4" in the front and 6" in the rear. He had to get the rearend c-notched because the frame was sitting on top of the axle. Anyways if he has to go on the slightest incline he scrapes like crazy. He's been stuck on RR crossings several times, and even had to be towed off once. My point being you are going to rip them ground effects off quicker than $hit.

·
Shit's Weak
1,970 Posts
:stupid: and the 5/6 might have problems with 18 inch wheels. i think that 18X7 rims aren't all that common either. anyway, with my 5/6 on 225/45/16 i can't get into most driveways or any speed bumps. i also have a dent in my exhaust header where it has hit the ground in big dips. basically those ground effects are gonna be trashed over any bump or dip. i say do a 5/6 on 17s and lose the kit. just my .02

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
it's like most xtremes with a 2/3 drop. at 3.5/4.5 it's just right for the ground FX. I would recommend a 4/5 drop at the most with the GFX and your 18" wheels.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts