S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to be doing a 5/6 drop on my truck soon. It has been about 7 years since I have lowered one of these trucks. I've used about every brand out there, but since it's been so long I am out of the loop as far as where to get the stuff from. I am not loyal to any brand in particular, just looking for the best price/quality. I also don't have any idea of what shocks are good for this application. It's going on my '96 4.3l std cab shortbed truck. If you guy's could point me in the right direction I'd sure appreciate it. Thank you

One other thing to keep in mind is that Summit Racing is about 8 miles from my house (only good thing about living in Reno), so I don't have to pay for shipping from them.

·
Blue-X
828 Posts
Belltech, Toxic, theres more, go to summitracing.com and just enter vehicle make model and look for drop shocks.
BTW
Use the search function next time.

·
No More SS
1,100 Posts
I run Belltech Nitro drop shocks on all 4 corners of my 97 SS. It is also 5/6 and rides really well.

·
Compliance!
5,151 Posts
ebay, summitracing.com, google it, s10forum it, lots of places. i did a 2/3 djm drop on my zq8 susp with edelbrock iac shocks, the body roll is gone and very stiff, love em.

·
No More SS
1,100 Posts
where is the best place to get a drop kit from?
I didn't buy mine as a kit. I bought the Belltech spindles from Summit Racing, Ground Force springs from Suicidal (another member on here). The rear has ZQ8 leaf springs with 4" DJM blocks from Godfather Customs. The shocks, I really can't remember where they came from.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.