S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Short Bus Anonymous
7,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I am tired of my tires hitting the fenderwells (205/75/15), mainly the passenger side, so its time for a set of smaller tires. Any reason why you would get one over the other? About the same, just like .4" difference. I've searched and these seem to be the most common sizes so thats why Im asking. Thinking of getting the 225's...

·
Gone but not forgotten.
889 Posts
I would go with the 225s, I have minimal rubbing with a strong 5/6 drop. They fit well on the rim with just enuff bulge.

·
Gone but not forgotten.
889 Posts
yeah the 255s just fit...

·
s-series #2?
2004 Blazer ZR2 w/ nv3500, 5.3 LM4 swap
24,783 Posts
205/60 all around. never rubs. ever.
but i would do a 215 in front and maybe 235 in back if i was to do again.

·
Gone but not forgotten.
889 Posts
The fronts just rub the frame under full lock and just clear the rolled lips. The rears just clear the slightly rolled wheellip and have good clearance on the inside.

·
Gone but not forgotten.
889 Posts
I sped mine up so the color looks more like yours....nice truck btw

Yeah, I just lightly and slowly hammered the lip up so it did not catch the side of the tire, on one well the paint just cracked so I filled it with touch up paint, but it was the one I did the most front right always rbbed more.

·
s-series #2?
2004 Blazer ZR2 w/ nv3500, 5.3 LM4 swap
24,783 Posts
I sped mine up so the color looks more like yours....nice truck btw

Yeah, I just lightly and slowly hammered the lip up so it did not catch the side of the tire, on one well the paint just cracked so I filled it with touch up paint, but it was the one I did the most front right always rbbed more.
nice picture! still waiting on my friend to give me pics of my truck at the track lol
so you didnt roll it you hammered it! lol

·
Gone but not forgotten.
889 Posts
no problem :cool:

·
Gone but not forgotten.
889 Posts
nice picture! still waiting on my friend to give me pics of my truck at the track lol
so you didnt roll it you hammered it! lol
Yeah...

FYI in the pic I am running out a four cone slalom and will hit third and 120 kph before braking hard at the end of the stockcar oval, I couldn't get away with leaving it in second. Man was that thing drifting hard between the cones and way too close to the wall...they have since removed that slalom section for that reason. This was right at the last cone and just ready to shift.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts