S-10 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
PLANTING CLAYMORE!!!
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sup fellas...i currently have a 3/3 and im orderin my parts to make a 515... i have 3'' coils and 3'' blocks im orderin 2'' spindles now and im pullin a leaf in the rear and im orderin my shocks also...i kno i can get directions on how to put the spindles in from this forum but idk about pulling the leaf i kno itll give me like 1.5 inches of drop could yall maybe guide me in teh direction of how to pull a leaf correctly....thanks

·
pimpin an 87
72 Posts
the way I did it was
1.loosen u bolts
2.then put a jack under the axle
3.Take the block out
This next one maybe different depending on wich spring u are pullin,Since I did a mono leaf I popped the lil bands around the spring and slid em off.Also thereshould be a lil bolt under the piece that holds the shock on...look underneath and u can see it.
4.then put it all back.

I dont know if this is the correct way to do it but its a easy way to do it and is safe too...

·
PLANTING CLAYMORE!!!
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
andi just found out today that im not quite as familiar w/ the spindles as i thought....is there ne way ne one can give me a step by step and tell me what kind of trouble ill run into if ne....thanks

·
PLANTING CLAYMORE!!!
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks man...i printed off the spindle one....but the pics wont come up on the leaf pilling on so im hopin if i try it later they will work....but ill take some pics n post them when it all gets done...ne one run into any kinda trouble doing this? like maybe ball joint trouble or ne thing just lemme kno...thanks

·
PLANTING CLAYMORE!!!
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
how much more would mono leafing it make me? if i just pull the center leaf woulf that get me close to 5 inches of drop in the back with the 3'' blocks i already have...or would i need to mono leaf it?...i dont want much rake at all if any...but im tryin to not have to spend the money on the 3'' lowering leafs to make it a 5/6....thanks

·
PLANTING CLAYMORE!!!
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my stuff came in!! spindles form belltech only took about a day to get here w/ basic shippin and the shocks came from stylinconcepts in about 2days with basic shippin....so im stoked...but im currently not drivin b/c of bad grades but i will be next week so the shocks r goin in this weekend and then monday n tuesday ill put the spindles in and pull a leaf in auto tech....so if any of yall can help plz lemme kno what i should do abt the leaf...just pull the middle one or mono leaf it......thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts