S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 91 sonoma that is lowered 5" in the front with coils and drop spindals and a 4' block in the back, but the left side of my truck sits lower then the right. what can i do to fix this, i need some good advise

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
belltech makes a coil spacer that corrects it somewhat. if you bought belltech springs and you have a v6, that is part of what is causing it b/c they use spring rates that are a little too low for v6s. better springs you will only see about 1/8in difference

·
Bring back *DARK STYLE*
1,592 Posts
it has the 2.5 motor, would the sway bar link trick fix it???

It could, but it would be alot easier to just put the spacer in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have the same problem with my 98 s10. it leans to the driver side which is bad bc i am constantly rubbing the wheel wells. A spacer would be the way to go once you make sure your coils are seated properly and you shocks are still good.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i measured the front and the rear and the front sits perfectly leval but the rear pass side sits 1-1/2 inches higher, i still have the stock shocks in it, could it be that one of them is weaker then the other???

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
try switching the springs from side to side. that will answer that question.

i would highly doubt that it would be 1.5in off though. you probably have another issue where something isn't seated correctly or something is keeping the spring from moving correctly.

also make sure there is nothing the spring would hit on the framerail above the rear shackle like where a trailer hitch might have been installed

·
s-series #2?
2004 Blazer ZR2 w/ nv3500, 5.3 LM4 swap
24,783 Posts
well i measured the front and the rear and the front sits perfectly leval but the rear pass side sits 1-1/2 inches higher, i still have the stock shocks in it, could it be that one of them is weaker then the other???
no, unless you have load assist shocks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts