S-10 Forum banner

441 - 460 of 460 Posts

·
Old Fart
3,341 Posts
Good luck, hope all goes well. Now that I'm retired I would love to go with you to one of your races if that is OK with you?

·
Addicted to boost
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #444
The truck has been back together for a while now. Its making great power but all we have done is no prep with it so I havent got any great numbers yet. It goes 139mph in the 1/8 with a soft 60'. At anarchy I drew Jon Capizzi 2nd round and it was a drag race but he got me by half a car. Then last weekend we went to Motor State Knock Out at 131 in Michigan and got to the semi finals with what I believe was the fastest car left in our class. But it started raining a little and there was an oil down so they called the race. We ended up splitting the remaining pot and I took home 4300$. My fuel pressure has been dropping off at 25lbs of boost and I talked to Magnafuel and they agreed that I was out of pump, so I just added another one. I found a twisted axle too so those are getting upgraded. We should be back testing next weekend and getting ready for SCT Indy at the end of next month and then Outlaw Armageddon after that and then a street car race out here and Roadkill Nights the next day after that. Im hoping to have the truck dialed in and running hard on any surface by then. So far Im pushing about 30lbs of boost through the new combo and it loves it.

·
Old Fart
3,341 Posts
Cool, thanks for the update! I have to get on a plane and come watch you run sometime this summer. :cool:

·
Old Fart
3,341 Posts
Isn't it about time for an update? I'm going into withdrawals! 🥴

·
Addicted to boost
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #447
Its been a crazy 3 weeks. First was SCT Indy where we ran good all weekend. The highlight was winning the truck class and lighting the boards with a [email protected] Next was Outlaw Armageddon where we got down to the top 5 cars and spun just a little and lost by half a car to JRODs Supra which ended up winning. And yesterday we just took 2nd at Roadkill Nights. It ran great in all the eliminations rounds and then just spun right off the hit in the finals. No changes. The truck has been running great and is handling everything I throw at it.

·
Old Fart
3,341 Posts
Thanks for the update I love following your truck's adventures! 😎

·
Old Fart
3,341 Posts
I just watched 1320's video of Anarchy and didn't see you run but I think I saw your truck in the background when they were interviewing Hate Tank? I also saw the S10 with the big turbo mounted in the bed that looks pretty fast.

·
Addicted to boost
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #450
I just watched 1320's video of Anarchy and didn't see you run but I think I saw your truck in the background when they were interviewing Hate Tank? I also saw the S10 with the big turbo mounted in the bed that looks pretty fast.
That sounds like it was from the spring Anarchy. First round the guy I was racing red lit and then second round I had a great race against Jon Capizzi where he beat me by half a car and went on to win the 275 class. The s10 with the turbo in the bed is my fabricator. He won KOTS yesterday and has been deep in the 8s with that truck. Its a 6 speed stick shift truck thats super bad ass. We took second place yesterday in the 275 class at KOTS only losing by a bumper. Next week we are headed to 131 in Michigan to race on a good prepped surface to really lean on the truck and see what I can get it to do.

·
Old Fart
3,341 Posts
It didn't say when the race was but it just got posted to YouTube a week or 2 ago. There were a lot of badass cars there for sure!

·
Old Fart
3,341 Posts
No news for a long time, are you still racing your truck?

·
Addicted to boost
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #453
Everything is all on facebook these days, I forget to report back here. I definitely still have the truck and still racing it. Last race last year it dropped a valve and destroyed the head but still went [email protected] We had been as fast as 145mph to the 1/8 mile. Ive decided to give up on the 1/4 mile stuff and switch to just 1/8 so I changed to a 4.11 gear out back and converted my trans to a 2 speed setup. Got some new heads from TFS and the motor is getting put back together now.

Here is a video 1320 put together of the truck.

·
Old Fart
3,341 Posts
Thanks for the update, I can't wait until the next post about your adventures. :cool:

You might want to post a link to the FB page for us that need a Boosted6 fix from time to time.

I'm collecting parts to use the Holley stuff to drop the L33 I bought in my truck. I hope to have everything to start my swap by spring. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
**** of a truck and build.

Just read through this whole thing. I’m thinking about building one. I’m shooting for a sub 10 second 1/4 and 6.0 1/8. I just want a street strip truck. Yours is just way over the top. Great job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Old Fart
3,341 Posts
When you get your schedule set for the coming season let me know as I have more time this year and have a better chance of coming to watch you run in person.

441 - 460 of 460 Posts