S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1989 S-10 blazer I’m putting a lm7 5.3 in it with a 4l80e transmission just wondering if I would have to change the cross member or anything or what would I have to notch also also what motor mounts are y’all running?
Can y’all give me some links for parts, interior, engine, visual, etc

·
B4U Task Force Admin
27,009 Posts
Moved to LSx Discussion.

Read ALL of the stickies in this section of the forum. They have lots of good info. There are a number of builds going on that detail what works, and what has been an issue.

·
LS1 powa!
2,183 Posts
People really don't want to do any work or research on their own these days... Spend some time reading through this forum. There is a ton of great information, especially the stickies. We can't build your truck for you.

·
( . Y . )
972 Posts
Current performance poly mounts, g force cross member, notch frame cross member for oil pan clearance making it easier for engine/trans installation and notch frame for ac clearance if going with low mount compressor.

Holley also sells everything you need if you want to go that route.

·
LS3 Cruisin'
2,046 Posts
Will absolutely need a new cross member for the 4L80E, a few companies make them, google is your friend.
Notching not so much as the BFH... some guys need more BFH love than others. The lip of the cab at the tunnel, and sometimes toward the rear/top of the tunnel since the mid-body of the 4L80E is longer. You shouldn't need the cutting torch or actually cutting out the cab floor as far as I know.

·
Registered
3 Posts
No need to cut the cross member at all with the swap. Removing the entire front clip will make it easier. You WILL need to message the transmission tunnel (factory pinch) however. Mate the transmission to the motor prior, use the holly p/n 302 oil pan, pick motor mounts that work with header selection then current performance will have the transmission crossmember and steering shaft.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts