S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i am looking for some help. I am getting ready to put a 5.3 in the truck but i don't have a tranny yet. The truck org had a 2.2 5spd in it. What kind of mannul tranny can i use for this motor. and what will i need to get for mounts and all if anybody can help that would be great.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I doubt the original crossmember will work, You probally will have to fab one up.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Used the 2.2l crossmember from my 5spd with the t-56 had to move the crossmember back a few inches on the frame and drill new holes. I used a different rubber mount on my t56 dont know what it was from just that it holds the tranny to the crossmember.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, im doing a 350 swap in my 96.
i wanted to stick with manual to.
i put a NV3500 and the original crossmember fit and drive shaft fit.
but im definetly going to have to drive it easy until i replace the rear end and such.

Hey when you used the nv3500 tranny what did you do for the clutch and plate and did it hook right up from your ould 2.2 cables let me know thanks mike

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
on the 5.3 engine can you install heads and intake from a 5.7 firebird and will it still run right i have all that stuff just laying in the corner.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts