S-10 Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Fabricating in Process
178 Posts
Why argue who is skilled and who isn't. Its not going to stop whether its a young punk driving or a 25 yr drag racing/ dirt drifting/ car sliding veteran who was a texas ranger and drove heliicopters down the freeway sliding on the landing gear...

If you don't street race then just don't do it don't bash/ flame/ or call others out when they do.

·
Trust Me
24,785 Posts
Why argue who is skilled and who isn't. Its not going to stop whether its a young punk driving or a 25 yr drag racing/ dirt drifting/ car sliding veteran who was a texas ranger and drove heliicopters down the freeway sliding on the landing gear...

If you don't street race then just don't do it don't bash/ flame/ or call others out when they do.
I'm not bashing him. I'm lol'ing at his rationale behind being a self proclaimed professional.

·
32,797 Posts

I was calling out his claims of expertise.

But, I see nothing wrong with people bashing him for street racing though. He is putting others in danger (look at his other vids, he does race in traffic), and he is posting his vids on a public forum that is open to replies, both positive and negative.

·
[email protected] 5.3 cam only
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
To "The Griff", let's get you some help with your reading and understanding. it seems as though you read something filled with much information and only come out with a misconstrued piece. for example: So you're an expert, because you grew riding fourwheelers? after me posting about the multiple auto cross tracks I have raced along with other experiences I listed. and who is claiming to be a professional? if you take the time to process what your trying to read you will realize I'm only claiming to be as good of a driver as your average cop. is that really so hard to believe??? this thread is a joke! filled with people who can not wrap their head around someone being able to handle vehicles. you clearly have no confidence with your driving abilities if you can't even fathom others being able to drive well.

·
Trust Me
24,785 Posts
this thread is a joke! filled with people who can not wrap their head around someone being able to handle vehicles. you clearly have no confidence with your driving abilities if you can't even fathom others being able to drive well.
Not quite, but then again, I'm not the one who's boasting as such. Merely asking a question. How do you know I didn't grow up on the race track in the pits, or at the motocross track on the weekends, or that I may have raced midgets when I was a teenager? You don't because I didn't say anything about it. All of your posts are putting off a "holier-than-thou"-esque vibe, all from you trying to justify the ramifications or even the legitimacy of racing on the street.

·
32,797 Posts
"I am still waiting on proof that you're a skill, trained driver."
So you are basically the ricer/wannabe racer who talks shlt that I described in my previous post:

That's all ignorant assumptions, similar to the same BS every other ricer and wannabe racer says when their ability is questioned.

You made the claims, but can't back it up one bit.

·
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
appreciate it 556mm.

96blazer do you not get it? I'm making fun of you man. You are clearly a joke and I'm finished wasting time replying to some ignorant posting whore who has nothing better to do than troll on someones thread that is actually doing something with their life.

·
32,797 Posts
96blazer do you not get it? I'm making fun of you man. You are clearly a joke and I'm finished wasting time replying to some ignorant posting whore who has nothing better to do than troll on someones thread that is actually doing something with their life.

I knew your reply was an ATTEMPT at trying to make fun of me, yet all it did was further prove the statement I made, which I noted in my reply. Again, you're the one making claims in your threads that you can't prove.

Do you get it? Let's sum it up: You got mad that people were bashing you for street racing, you reply with some bullshlt lies about your driving skills. You got called out on proving it. You couldn't.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Your truck is pretty quick for a street car.....there is no doubt. But, if your gonna post up videos of yourself breaking the law, you gotta expect some criticism coming your way. If you dont like it, post them on youtube only and turn the comments off. Everybody with a quick car has engaged in a "street race"(by definition) at one point or another......most just dont put it out there for all to see. Take that thing to the track and post up some vids of that.....then all there is to watch is a quick, clean, and great sounding little truck doing what it was built to do! Even the best driver with the best equipment is still subject to mechanical failure and uncontrollable circumstances. Break a trans cooler line, cut a tire, gov lock comes apart and locks,etc...at 100+mph at wot....you arent steering out of that mess. At that point you are endangering innocent lives around you, and people get just a tad bit irritated at you potentially causing injury or death to their wives and children, on their way home from school or soccer practice. You know you have mastered the powers of restraint when sitting at a stoplight next to some rich kid in a brand new zr1 who revs his motor after him and his girlfriend giggle at you, while you are sitting in a high 10s car on et streets......and dont race him because you are aware of the circumstances! Happened to me last summer. Btw...that vette sounded absolutely amazing when he tore away from the light.....600+hp LSx with blower whine....what sounds better?!?

·
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Your truck is pretty quick for a street car.....there is no doubt. But, if your gonna post up videos of yourself breaking the law, you gotta expect some criticism coming your way. If you dont like it, post them on youtube only and turn the comments off. Everybody with a quick car has engaged in a "street race"(by definition) at one point or another......most just dont put it out there for all to see. Take that thing to the track and post up some vids of that.....then all there is to watch is a quick, clean, and great sounding little truck doing what it was built to do! Even the best driver with the best equipment is still subject to mechanical failure and uncontrollable circumstances. Break a trans cooler line, cut a tire, gov lock comes apart and locks,etc...at 100+mph at wot....you arent steering out of that mess. At that point you are endangering innocent lives around you, and people get just a tad bit irritated at you potentially causing injury or death to their wives and children, on their way home from school or soccer practice. You know you have mastered the powers of restraint when sitting at a stoplight next to some rich kid in a brand new zr1 who revs his motor after him and his girlfriend giggle at you, while you are sitting in a high 10s car on et streets......and dont race him because you are aware of the circumstances! Happened to me last summer. Btw...that vette sounded absolutely amazing when he tore away from the light.....600+hp LSx with blower whine....what sounds better?!?
I agree with you on this^ and know that I try my very best to make sure no one else is around when I run on the streets, but sometimes I guess the excitement of running a nice, rare vehicle and me being a young testosterone filled man get's the best of me. I do indeed have some maturing to do before I give up a race with a ZR1. There's no way I would have been able to pass that up!!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts