S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
^hater with nothing better to do than troll. Nice picure too, cause I mean that's not a totally played out joke, gtfo with your lame-ass soap box rants.

·
Registered
103 Posts
lol, way to play the sympathy card guy. Still dosn't change the fact that your lame and have no basis to be calling other people "fgts" while up on you high and mighty soap box. If you don't like what you see then don't watch it, and definately don't throw rocks, even if you do think your vin diesel joke is just hilarious

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
i have a clear basis to call people fgts. streetracing is not a joke. it only takes a second to lose control and kill someone.

·
Flame It ALL
8,853 Posts
In an ideal world, Street racers would be a one vehicle accident; their car, and hopefully not be able to race again.

·
LSxtremin FoLyfe
2000 s10 SCSB
1,434 Posts
im surprised the mods are allowing these vids to be on here anyways, nothing with street racing allowed i thought.

·
[email protected] 5.3 cam only
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If I thought I was putting peoples life in danger I wouldn't do it. This is no different than a cop flying past you. Yet you feel it's okay and not life threatening because it's a trained person doing their job, most likely in a car that is built and maintained for those speeds. My case is the same except I do it for fun and not for money. My truck is built and maintained for those speeds and I have an experienced background in driving, just like a cop. You are more likely to get hit head on by oncoming traffic. That person passes you with an high enough impact to kill you. This is everyday you take this risk. The people you pass are most likely putting on lipstick or looking for their phone, me on the other hand is paying very close attention to what I'm doing, and that's going in a straight line from 50-100mph...boy what a dangerous task. So keep your frightful ass off the roads since you can't handle the risks your taking. "fgt".

·
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol, way to play the sympathy card guy. Still dosn't change the fact that your lame and have no basis to be calling other people "fgts" while up on you high and mighty soap box. If you don't like what you see then don't watch it, and definately don't throw rocks, even if you do think your vin diesel joke is just hilarious
Well said.

·
Registered
575 Posts
If I thought I was putting peoples life in danger I wouldn't do it. This is no different than a cop flying past you. Yet you feel it's okay and not life threatening because it's a trained person doing their job, most likely in a car that is built and maintained for those speeds. My case is the same except I do it for fun and not for money. My truck is built and maintained for those speeds and I have an experienced background in driving, just like a cop. You are more likely to get hit head on by oncoming traffic. That person passes you with an high enough impact to kill you. This is everyday you take this risk. The people you pass are most likely putting on lipstick or looking for their phone, me on the other hand is paying very close attention to what I'm doing, and that's going in a straight line from 50-100mph...boy what a dangerous task. So keep your frightful ass off the roads since you can't handle the risks your taking. "fgt".
I'm no saint by any means in the street racing world. But claiming to be completely focused, blah blah blah, while having videos on YouTube with you holding the cam and racing... may not be the best angle for pleading your justification. Just saying.

That being said. I think you have a sick ride and as long as you try to maintain a good bit of caution and "controlling" the circumstances of the race... do what ya do. Be safe and keep up the W's!!

·
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm no saint by any means in the street racing world. But claiming to be completely focused, blah blah blah, while having videos on YouTube with you holding the cam and racing... may not be the best angle for pleading your justification. Just saying.

That being said. I think you have a sick ride and as long as you try to maintain a good bit of caution and "controlling" the circumstances of the race... do what ya do. Be safe and keep up the W's!!
You have a very good point. However, I know I am in more control of that vehicle while holding a camera phone than half of the idiots you pass on the road everyday. I do realize trying to capture the footage with a handheld is not the best idea as it does take away some of my focus, but I do try to get all of my runs on the GoPro which is mounted on the side of the truck.
And I'm with you a 100%.

·
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well let me skip my complete background growing up as a child with four wheelers, go carts, things that required an understanding of traction and how to maintain and control it.

I'm not saying I'm the best driver out there, just on par with your average police officer. Here is a video of Vancouver Police recruits practicing advanced driving techniques:

I have been on many auto cross tracks and pushed a vehicle much harder than what you saw in that video. I know how to control a vehicle when it looses traction. I've been drifting dirt roads since I was 13. My grandparents would give me the keys to the ol subaru in the backwoods and tell me to be careful.

One of my best friends is a cop and he will tell you right now that I am a far better driver than he will ever be. Why? because I grew up pushing the limits with things that had four wheels. Breaking tires loose, kicking the vehicle completely sideways and being able to control the vehicle while doing so is nothing new to me.

·
32,797 Posts
Well let me skip my complete background growing up as a child with four wheelers, go carts, things that required an understanding of traction and how to maintain and control it.

I'm not saying I'm the best driver out there, just on par with your average police officer. Here is a video of Vancouver Police recruits practicing advanced driving techniques:VPD Training: Advanced Driving Techniques - YouTube

I have been on many auto cross tracks and pushed a vehicle much harder than what you saw in that video. I know how to control a vehicle when it looses traction. I've been drifting dirt roads since I was 13. My grandparents would give me the keys to the ol subaru in the backwoods and tell me to be careful.

One of my best friends is a cop and he will tell you right now that I am a far better driver than he will ever be. Why? because I grew up pushing the limits with things that had four wheels. Breaking tires loose, kicking the vehicle completely sideways and being able to control the vehicle while doing so is nothing new to me.
That's all ignorant assumptions, similar to the same BS every other ricer and wannabe racer says when their ability is questioned.

I am still waiting on proof that you're a skill, trained driver.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts