S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
[email protected] 5.3 cam only
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ran into this sexy ass 911 Carrera GTS at the gas station today and asked the doctor who was driving it if he used to own the same color 911 Carrera S. He told me that he did and that he remember my truck, as we ran before. I didn't ask but assumed he traded in the S for the GTS after being beat so bad by a little ol pickup truck. So we headed out for a second run, this time with the $100,000+ GTS.

Didn't have the GoPro in the truck so was forced to use the camera phone with a dying battery, so forgive the quality.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Impressive race......i just wouldnt have the balls to post post multiple videos of myself street racing with a link at the bottom that shows my name. Pretty sure its a felony in most states.

·
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I talked to my aunt who is an investigator for a sheriffs office in FL, and she told me that I shouldn't worry about it as they really need to see you do it in person to pursue it.

I love beating $100,000+ vehicles in a s10! lol

Honestly I wish I would have stuck with the 3.42s. I was able to utilize the power on the street better with the 3.42s and pull harder on the highway. My track times really didn't improve with the 3.90s over the 3.42s as the 3.42s hit the converter harder making up for the lower gear of the 3.90s.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I talked to my aunt who is an investigator for a sheriffs office in FL, and she told me that I shouldn't worry about it as they really need to see you do it in person to pursue it.

I love beating $100,000+ vehicles in a s10! lol

Honestly I wish I would have stuck with the 3.42s. I was able to utilize the power on the street better with the 3.42s and pull harder on the highway. My track times really didn't improve with the 3.90s over the 3.42s as the 3.42s hit the converter harder making up for the lower gear of the 3.90s.
These stories are all over the web.... http://www.lsxtv.com/news/man-arrested-after-posting-195mph-corvette-video-on-youtube/

·
You can't polish a turd.
489 Posts
I didn't ask but assumed he traded in the S for the GTS after being beat so bad by a little ol pickup truck.
I doubt he traded up just because a truck beat him in a race.

As an owner of a 997 C2S, I can say that although an LS equipped truck may beat a 911 off the line in a 1/4 mile, you wouldn't have a chance any further than that and trying to get the jump on him at highway speeds...forget it.

As an owner of an S-10, I wouldn't give anyone in these trucks the time of day if they wanted to race me in my 911, no matter what they stuffed under the hood. If someone was pacing me on the freeway like you were in the video, I'd probably try to get away from you too. That's kinda creepy. Don't race in traffic.

·
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I doubt he traded up just because a truck beat him in a race.

As an owner of a 997 C2S, I can say that although an LS equipped truck may beat a 911 off the line in a 1/4 mile, you wouldn't have a chance any further than that and trying to get the jump on him at highway speeds...forget it.

As an owner of an S-10, I wouldn't give anyone in these trucks the time of day if they wanted to race me in my 911, no matter what they stuffed under the hood. If someone was pacing me on the freeway like you were in the video, I'd probably try to get away from you too. That's kinda creepy. Don't race in traffic.
That statement wasn't to be taken 100% literal but take it how you will...I'm not saying the soul purpose of him getting the GTS was because of me, but I bet a big factor during the purchase of the same car with just mostly added power was to insure he never got his ass stomped by one of these trucks that you would never give the time of day.

And try to tell me I don't have a chance?? I talked to the guy after the run for crying out loud! He even said, "good run". I would think that indicates a previous race wouldn't you? Therefore, leading us to believe he was attempting to win, but did not as you can clearly see me pulling up on him at 47-54. Now would this car have beaten me if we keep pulling to higher speeds? Ofcourse.

And if you would take the time to pull your head out of your ass you would see where we discussed on going out for a 2nd run(race). So don't try to tell me I'm pacing this guy like some sort of creeper.

Don't be such a sore loser because one of your beloved Porsches was out run by a s10.

·
You can't polish a turd.
489 Posts
What I saw in the video was a Porsche leave you behind and excuses of why you couldn't keep up. Typical of all the young guys who come on here and post, "I beat ______ (insert car here)" street racing threads.

It's your thread so I'll leave you to it. Just keep in mind there are other forum users here who may know better about the other car you may be racing. If you want to maintain a legitimate reputation at having a fast truck, stick with track vids and post time slips.

·
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
do you two work as a team now? how dare you try and take on the "holier-than-thou"! but I'm sure it would never end seeing as to how many post counts you have. clearly spending every hour of your life glued to a computer living out your internet fantasies. LOL!

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
I kept pace easily with a GT3 some years back with my TransAm 355ci carbed motor. Im sure I could have hung with him in the twisties also as its got a great suspension under it. He would beat me top end no doubt. Id never try it in my S10 4.3L tho...lol
I can understand totally how it feels to drive the same body truck and also hang with a Turbo Porsche
......I just dont have the luxury doing it in my s10..lol
Love ur truck tho...Im jelly

·
Trust Me
24,785 Posts
do you two work as a team now? how dare you try and take on the "holier-than-thou"! but I'm sure it would never end seeing as to how many post counts you have. clearly spending every hour of your life glued to a computer living out your internet fantasies. LOL!
Because I agreed with him? Show me the video of you "beating $100,000+ vehicles in a s10".

·
32,797 Posts
What "holier-than-thou" take? :dunno:

In this thread you claimed you beat $100,000+ vehicles in your S10, I just noted that you have given no proof of it.

I could actually point out the irony in that "holier-than-thou" statement, as well as in the "living out internet fantasies" one too. :haha:

·
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would like for everyone who reads this post who has beaten a 100,000 dollar car to post it. I bet there will be a fair amount. It's not uncommon:
That van only ran a 13.2. I run a whole second faster than him. Most of the people who can afford to drive a $100,000+ car can't drive. That's why almost every time you go to the track, you see a $200,000 Ferrari running mid 14's. I can't tell you how many times I've been to the track and ate up top dollar cars

1 - 20 of 28 Posts