S-10 Forum banner

161 - 180 of 183 Posts

·
Randy
451 Posts
You know @BrandonHall10, it came to mind to ask you guys of this. HAHAHAHA! I'm not kidding.

I found this one in Denver this morning....I'd have to fly and drive 12.5hrs home with a truck that has 247k on it. Doesn't bother me to much, but none the less. $2950 is a lot more fair of a price when I am pulling the engine anyways.

Here's the one that's roughly 5-10 miles down the street from me that won't come off the $5900
There is somebody in here from aurora!!! Maybe they could help...

·
Randy
451 Posts
@goestofast is in Aurora Co.

·
s-series #2?
2004 Blazer ZR2 w/ nv3500, 5.3 LM4 swap
24,799 Posts
Wasn't there a guy that joined this forum just to buy your truck? I assume that didn't happen?
I called him, he was suuuper excited and told me he was going to get quotes for getting it shipped, and was going to fly out to see it and whatnot, but he never got back to me.

·
s-series #2?
2004 Blazer ZR2 w/ nv3500, 5.3 LM4 swap
24,799 Posts
awe man, I am sorry to hear that. Wonder what happened and why?
Sadly pretty common nowadays. selling anything on facebook requires sifting through so many "false interests" before anyone actually shows up. the worst is when they set up a time and place to meet but no show with no warning or apology

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
welp, this truck didn't pan out. I flew to Denver today. Got to the truck, they lost the keys....had to wait 5hrs for locksmith to make new keys. Get in the truck, start it, and there's a SES light on, mind you he told me the truck runs and drives fine, I take off down the street and the truck is sputtering and barely has any power. I plug in HPTuners to see what is going on and there are 4 codes....P301 for a misfire in cylinder 1....along with it running lean error, and a crankshaft and cam shaft correlation error. I have to register this truck in Arizona and to do that I have to get it to pass emissions. I have no idea when I'll be doing the engine swap and was hoping to find a truck that would run fine and pass emissions. On top of that, the 3rd door won't open, latch was broke or something. Sooooooooooo, long story short....I passed on the truck.

Good news though, I am with my brother and were drinking beers at Twin Peaks. So, its not all bad :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
103 Posts
If it’s still available in a week or so give him a ridiculous low ball offer. Might be worth throwing a few hundred at it if you can get it for really cheap

·
Registered
546 Posts
Man, ZR2 guys are REALLY proud of their trucks. Since it was first mentioned in this thread, I have been searching them just for fun. Guys are asking crazy amounts. There's a 22 year old ZR2 on the PHX Craigslist and the guy is asking $7500.... $7500 for a stock 22 year old S-truck. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
They can be had for $500 up here....

But on a serious note. This one is kind of OK. Definitely priced high still.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
They must be hanging out with the 88-98 obs guys lol
How about a 99 OBS Chevrolet 2500 crew cab short bed...first and only year for a short bed with OBS...definitely a collectors item...just gave one ($2000) to my grand son.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
Well ****. Browse cl and offer up while u there lol
I certainly did while I was there. Didn't see much of anything worth while.

Man, ZR2 guys are REALLY proud of their trucks. Since it was first mentioned in this thread, I have been searching them just for fun. Guys are asking crazy amounts. There's a 22 year old ZR2 on the PHX Craigslist and the guy is asking $7500.... $7500 for a stock 22 year old S-truck. Am I missing something?
Yea, man. I am telling you. They are priced like crazy...they are super proud of their trucks. I have to admit though...phoenix trucks NEVER rust. The paint will fade, but you wont see a rusted out truck here. I keep looking in the area...I am on CL, Offerup, Autotrader, Cars.com, and Carguru.com. I found a few 2 wheel drives that have made me think, but honestly. When it all boils down...I want it to be a 4x4. I am even looking for non ZR2 4x4's...I can always make it look like a ZR2 when I am done.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Man, this truck looks verrrry tempting!! I know its not 4x4. And I'd struggle removing an engine with only 88k miles on it. Thats still a strong engine!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
Again, That guys blazer looks like a steal if u gonna pay $5k for a a donor

but atleast the 4 banger won’t burn gas while u build up your ls motor
Yea man, I am not wanting a blazer. I am really looking for a truck. They say patience is a virtue, i often beg to differ.

·
Registered
546 Posts
And I'd struggle removing an engine with only 88k miles on it. Thats still a strong engine!!!
I wouldn't struggle with that at all. In my mind, that is a big plus. Granted you have no use for it, but someone does. An engine with those low miles should catch a premium when you go to sell it.

When I did my swap, I paid $1000 for the truck. Sold the (recently rebuilt) trans for $600 and the (knocking) engine for $200. That put the cost of my truck at $200. #hustle

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
I wouldn't struggle with that at all. In my mind, that is a big plus. Granted you have no use for it, but someone does. An engine with those low miles should catch a premium when you go to sell it.

When I did my swap, I paid $1000 for the truck. Sold the (recently rebuilt) trans for $600 and the (knocking) engine for $200. That put the cost of my truck at $200. #hustle
I think I am looking for the Unicorn Truck. At least it feels like it sometimes. LOL

161 - 180 of 183 Posts