S-10 Forum banner

61 - 71 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Cage is getting there!
Did you extend the engine harness you already had or did you get another harness made?
When i first LS swapped the truck i did not have a V8 harness. So i just bought a Current Performance harness for my exact setup.
When i swapped to the LSA, the injector plugs were the same because i was running L59 Flex fuel injectors and no extensions were needed. The only change was i needed a "breakout" harness to run the IAT sensor separate from the MAF. I have since just removed the MAF all together and removed it in the tune just running Speed Density on a 3 Bar tune. Everything else for the LSA was the same and just plugged right in as far as the harness is concerned.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
When i first LS swapped the truck i did not have a V8 harness. So i just bought a Current Performance harness for my exact setup.
When i swapped to the LSA, the injector plugs were the same because i was running L59 Flex fuel injectors and no extensions were needed. The only change was i needed a "breakout" harness to run the IAT sensor separate from the MAF. I have since just removed the MAF all together and removed it in the tune just running Speed Density on a 3 Bar tune. Everything else for the LSA was the same and just plugged right in as far as the harness is concerned.
That is great to know, thanks! This thread will be very valuable for someone that does this swap.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
I picked up the truck from the shop and threw the interior back in just in time to make it out to the last race weekend at the track i go to. I really like how this roll bar turned out and it fits my current goals perfectly.
I now understand why the builder welded it and built it the way it is. While it is only plated to the body, the bars are in great locations and the plates are welded directly on top of/into the body mounts. In order to tie directly to the frame, the front bars would have to go about 4-6in further forward and the main hoop would have to go about 4-6in further back from the seat.

Since i was mostly legal this time i uncapped the exhaust and gave her everything she had. Was able to squeak out a 10.94 @121.9
Im happy with this considering it now weighs about 4000-4100lbs with the roll bar, full tank of gas and me in it.

·
Premium Member
1,689 Posts
Nice gain on et and mph! How much boost were you seeing before and after the exhaust being uncapped?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Nice gain on et and mph! How much boost were you seeing before and after the exhaust being uncapped?

I honestly dont have a boost gauge, so i have no clue what boost it is currently making. When it was tuned and kinda choked up with a restrictive exhaust it made around 10psi.

·
Old Fart
3,961 Posts
I love sleepers but last time I went to the track with mine I was informed that my helmet wasn't good enough and now I have to buy a much more expensive helmet before I can run again. 🥴

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
I love sleepers but last time I went to the track with mine I was informed that my helmet wasn't good enough and now I have to buy a much more expensive helmet before I can run again. 🥴
Wait for around Oct of this year to buy a new helmet. I believe the stores only have the Snell SA2015 helmets still.
Snell comes out with new certifications every 5 years and they are only good for ~10 years for racing. Look for the SA2020 tag inside the helmet.

Or you may be able to get a deep discount on a SA 2015 helmet when the new ones come out.

·
Old Fart
3,961 Posts
Wait for around Oct of this year to buy a new helmet. I believe the stores only have the Snell SA2015 helmets still.
Snell comes out with new certifications every 5 years and they are only good for ~10 years for racing. Look for the SA2020 tag inside the helmet.

Or you may be able to get a deep discount on a SA 2015 helmet when the new ones come out.
Thanks for the info!

61 - 71 of 71 Posts