S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm doing a 5" spindle/spring lift up front with a 2" shackle out back on a 89' ext cab. My question is....if I go with a 265/70/R17 (already have the 17" soft 8s) will they fit? I think the overall height is about 31.6" if I'm correct.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where will it rub? And are we talking during normal driving or flexing off road? How much grinding is required? and is there a better tire size for the 17" wheels? Sorry for all the questions but I have to get the tires this week so I have to make a decision quick. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
20,570 Posts
Inner fender and fenderwall.

17" isn't something I recommend for little lift unless it's mainly street driving, due to less sidewall.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know...I didn't really want to use 17" but I already have 17" Soft 8's from when it was lowered. I went with 245/70/R17 all-terrain tires. They look really good but they are hitting the upper control arm at full lock...prob bc they are 8" wide wheels. How can I fix this? I put on AIM lift spindles which don't hit the steering stoppers anymore and I already have a 5/16" wheel spacer on and it still rubs. I'm afraid I'm going to blow the tire out if it rubs bc its right on the sidewall...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts