S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Oklahoma minitrucker
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay i had a set of polk audio ex series 4x6's in my dash, running the stock CD player, i got them last december, and the drivers side is already blown and it sounds like the passenger side might be blown too, heres my questions:

#1 anyone else had problems with polk audio stuff?

#2 any suggestions as to what to replace them with? *company, size etc*
Any help would be appreciated here.
Thanks
Dusty

·
Oklahoma minitrucker
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope, i mean c'mon its a stock hu like it can push anything hard, now the 6 and 1/2s in the door, i give them hell cause i can, but i tried to baby the 4x6s.

·
Oklahoma minitrucker
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dunno i get a terrible static sound and any sound level or any amount of sound, it sucks so i dunno what i might have done, but i assume the speakers are blown

·
Oklahoma minitrucker
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
dang i hope so cause i really dont wanna have to put another set of speakers in the dash, i was curious if i do have to replace them, what would yall suggest?

·
Oklahoma minitrucker
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
what kinda price am i looking at? i would like to stay under 100-125 really id prefer to stay under 100 but i wont sacrafice quality for 25 bucks, but i dunno how good 4x6s really are so what prices and what do yall suggest?

·
Shit's Weak
1,970 Posts
i have the same bostons as bristol does in my 03 dime. they sound amazing and their side by side tweeter woofer setup really cuts down on tweeter distortion during those mid and bass notes. they cost about 150 retail and you may have to cut the speaker grill posts that the screws fit through about a quarter inch to fit flush. but it doesn't hurt anything that way.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts