S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy is talking about taking his 85 s10 blazer 4x4 and converting it to a 4x2. Is this going to be a easy conversion? Can we find a 2 wheel drive front suspension and just bolt it on? :phil: Any info would help him a bunch. Thanks J.J. :sawzall:

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
Everything is different, frames, control arms, spindles, mounting points, everything. 2wd use coils that set in buckets in the frame. 4x4's use torsion bars and have no spot to install coils.

Best bet is to just buy a 2wd. Or he could pull his front driveshaft. It'd be 2wd but still have all the 4x4 components. He also needs a new tranny or at least a new tailshaft and rear driveshaft if eliminating the transfer case.

In my opinion converting to a 2wd from a 4x4 is in no way worth it. Why does he want to do it?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he wants to make a lowrider out of it. 2 wheelers are not to popular around these parts. (blazers that is).

·
Registered
56 Posts
4x4 slammed

Hey i have a 87 s10 blazer slammed. the front cross member is 2.5 inches off the ground. its so low my front wheels are cambered. with a 4x4 its cheaper to drop it and will still drive good in snow. i will post some pics when i get my camera back

1 - 5 of 5 Posts