S-10 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
98sdime
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone converted there 4x4 to a 2x4? I bought a 95 blazer with a 4.3 4x4 that i would like to put in my 98 s10 2.2...thanks

·
goin broke but n style
12,942 Posts
converting a 4x4 trans to 2x4 involves disasembly of the tranny to replace the output shaft. putting a 4.3 in place of a 2.2 has been done several times. what do you really want to know.

·
98sdime
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
converting a 4x4 trans to 2x4 involves disasembly of the tranny to replace the output shaft. putting a 4.3 in place of a 2.2 has been done several times. what do you really want to know.

i just want to know if it would be worth using my trans and coverting it to a 2x4 or just finding a cheep used one...

·
Super Moderator
4,755 Posts
is it throttle body injection (4.3) or the newer style

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
You're post is confusing but I think you want to put the 95 4.3 and transmission into the 98 2.2 truck? My first instinct is to tell you that's a complete waste of time as its a 160hp TBI motor. 2nd instinct is to tell you again that it's a waste of time and effort. 3rd instinct is to tell you that it'd be way simpler to just get a 2wd trans. And finally 4th instinct is to tell you to sell both the blazer and 2.2 and get a stock 98+ 4.3/2wd truck.

·
no longer has a 95
1,883 Posts
not to mention the 2.2 and 4.3 have a different bellhousing pattern and the electronics are all completely different

your only option is another trans

·
Registered
2 Posts
95 Blazer Tranny will only fit in a 95 Blazer or Bravdo. I found that out when my tranny went out in my 95 Blazer.

·
when in doubt lay it out
3,463 Posts
You're post is confusing but I think you want to put the 95 4.3 and transmission into the 98 2.2 truck? My first instinct is to tell you that's a complete waste of time as its a 160hp TBI motor. 2nd instinct is to tell you again that it's a waste of time and effort. 3rd instinct is to tell you that it'd be way simpler to just get a 2wd trans. And finally 4th instinct is to tell you to sell both the blazer and 2.2 and get a stock 98+ 4.3/2wd truck.

Im going to have to agree with this guy. :cool: Why combine the two. Just sell and buy what you really want instead of wasting time and money.

·
98sdime
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im going to have to agree with this guy. :cool: Why combine the two. Just sell and buy what you really want instead of wasting time and money.

i see what you are saying, but i picked the blazer up for 100 bucks and i already have a lot of work done to it...Bagged, Suicide doors etc....

·
Electrical Mod
56,116 Posts
Wait.....if it's a Blazer, it's a CPI engine, the 95 blazers didn't come with TBI engines. And you could easily sell the 4x4 tranny with the transfer case for more then it'd cost to buy a 2wd transmission. Or do a flat out trade.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts