S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 89 s10 4 wheel drive extended cab, I was planning on putting a 350 in it but the stock oil pan will not work with the 4 wheel drive and im too cheap to buy the conversion one:p So my question is what would it take to convert my truck to 2 wheel drive? Would the tranny i have still work? does the transfer case unbolt from the back of the tranny? what about the control arms? 2 wheel drive control arms work?

·
Registered
567 Posts
I have an 89 s10 4 wheel drive extended cab, I was planning on putting a 350 in it but the stock oil pan will not work with the 4 wheel drive and im too cheap to buy the conversion one:p So my question is what would it take to convert my truck to 2 wheel drive? Would the tranny i have still work? does the transfer case unbolt from the back of the tranny? what about the control arms? 2 wheel drive control arms work?
There is alot to change be better to get a 2wheel drive

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
What made you think converting your truck to 2wd would be cheaper than buying an oil pan? If you are too cheap to buy an oil pan I wouldn't even start the V8 swap.

2wds and 4x4s have different frames so swapping to save money is absolutely impossible. Your best bet is to buy the pan or buy the extension kit and modify a 4.3 pan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts