S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first off this is my first post to this forum. I just want to say hi. Anyways, here is my question.

I have a 88 4x4 blazer with 17x7 KMC tramps with a +40mm offset. I just got a 96 2wd S-10. I want to put the tramps on the S-10 but I know I will need a spacer. The stock offset on a 15x7 rim on a 2wd pickup is -6mm. After doing all the fun, fun math and conversions I come up that I need a 1.8 (or 1.75 is what I have seen). Although I have also read that a 0 offset rim would work, in which case a 1.5in adapter would be more appropriate. Has anyone else done this? If someone could please give me a push in the right direction I would appreciate it. I am a poor college student and don't enjoy spending $1600 for rims that would be in the garage 99% of the time. Thanks.

·
V8 needin' member
424 Posts
yeah i know that a 0 offset will work on my first gen s10 so it should work on yours too...and on the spacers...they arent the best thing to do cause they put a weak spot in the axle...thats all i can help ya with
later man

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I am aware of the weakness it adds to the whole driveline. I don't push it real hard anyways. Its just a cruiser right now. Eventually when I get my blazer restored I will put them back on there and buy the proper rims for the 2wd. I just dont have the finances for that right now. I may end up getting 1.75 just so its closer to stock.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts