S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have a question for ya. I have a 89 s-10 blazer 4.3l automatic. I recently discovered that my 4 wheel drive no longer works. I have lookd for some information and have found a few tips but i wanted some advice. If i shift into 4 hi lo or neutral the rear wheels respond but the front doesnt engage.

-Mike

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
grahamstein said:
Hey guys i have a question for ya. I have a 89 s-10 blazer 4.3l automatic. I recently discovered that my 4 wheel drive no longer works. I have lookd for some information and have found a few tips but i wanted some advice. If i shift into 4 hi lo or neutral the rear wheels respond but the front doesnt engage.

-Mike
Sounds like the vacume actuator is not working. most likely there is a vacume line off or broken. They seem to rot pretty easily. There is a vacume line that goes from your tbi down to the transfer case to a switch then back up to your battery area to the actuator.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man, i got a reply on another post i made and you both seem to think that the problem is dealing with the vaccum lines and or switch and or actuator. Thanks for your help. I will let you know what i find
-Mike

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey man thanks for your help, it turned out to be a cracked vaccum line, the problem has been taken care of and it works great, thanks for the help
-Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I have a similar problem. I have an 89 S10 p/u and the other day the indicator light for 4x4 didn't come on when I tried to switch. It still drives but I can't tell if the 4x4 is working. Does this sound like it's also the vaccum lines?

Mike --- How much did it cost to repair the lines?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts