S-10 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 91 blazer 4wd 4.3.... it goes from 2 wheel to 4high easily, but when i try to go down to N its hard,very hard, and form N to 4low its very hard also. i have to pul it pretty hard. i dont use 4wd very often but now im not goin to at all.also got problems with my transmission when i go shift into gear, or into reverse it doesnt go right away.i just gotta keep my foot on the brake a little longerand its kind of loud, its like clunks into gear. i hope yall understand what im sayin.the truck was sittin for about 2 years so im guessin i just should change the fluid or something.. any advice would help thanks in advance

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
For the transfer case it should just pull into 4 hi. to get to n or 4low you need to push the button on the shifter and it helps greatly to have the tranny in n just pull it down to 4hi and push the button and yank some are a little easier to pull and some are not.

As for your transmission did you check the fluid with the engine running and it hot? it sounds like its low or not getting enuf fluid thru the filter. also make sure the fluid is a nice red color it could have gotten water or coolant into it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts