S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am probably ordering the hedman headers for a '92 4x4 s10 from summit here soon. It says the flange is not included...when I get the correct corresponding flange, will it bolt right up to my stock exhaust system? Or do I have to cut and weld my factory pipes to make it work? Should I use the included collector and header gaskets or should I get some better quality ones?

OH and can I install these on my new engine which is on the stand, and drop the engine in or do I have to install the engine first, then bolt the drivers side header on? What if I disconnect the steering shaft first, then can I drop in the engine with them installed? thanks

·
footbraker
1,236 Posts
Go with Ultra Seal gaskets and remember to check all header/collector bolts frequently, until they stop loosening.

·
footbraker
1,236 Posts
I had to switch to Ultra Seals before I could quit blowing gaskets. Never tried to get headers to fit to stock exhaust (if that's what you're asking) maybe call summit etc. techline, someone will know. I put edelbroks on an 87 F body back in 93 and everything fit nice but I did the entire exhaust and blanked the converter. Only prob was new Y pipe was too big to get the starter past when it went bad.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok I'll make sure to get the ultra-seals. Thats what I need to know, if the header flanges will bolt up to the stock exhaust. If I cant find out I'll ask Summit when I make the order. Also need to know if I can install the engine with the headers bolted on the engine...

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Anyone know how the hedmans go on? You have to get the flange, then do they bolt to the y-pipe or do you gotta weld?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts