S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
NOW TUCKIN' 20'S
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so this isnt an s10 but tahoe forums suck... i have a 97 tahoe and the 4wd wont engage. everything is electric and the light 4HI link will blink for a few second, theres a click in the dash, then it goes back into 2HI. all the fuses are good, so im guessing its the transfer case actuator, but figured i would see if anybody has any advice before i start throwing parts at it.

·
Electrical Mod
56,116 Posts
probably a very similiar setup to the s10's see what causes it on the s10's to do that and it's probably the same thing. I was thinking that that was a 4wd computer problem, but it could be the actuator/encoder motor as well.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
when my s10 did that i found that my vacuum lines had melted, and also my shift motor was done

·
NOW TUCKIN' 20'S
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya my vacuum lines on my s10 werent working properly, so that was my first guess on his but it doesnt engage at all. didnt work on it this weekend, went and played in the mud instead lol.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
ya id check the shift motor on the 4x4 when my S.M. was done i would press 4x4hi and it would blink click then go back to 2hi, then i got the shift motor replaced and it did the same thing and only 4x4lo worked then 1 day 4hi just started working again and its been fine since

1 - 6 of 6 Posts