S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Do you have a Mullet?
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wonderin how fast I should take it with the truck in 4 wheel high in my 89? Not really sure and was just wonderin if I could hurt anything by goin too fast. Thanks.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've gone 70mph+ in my 93 pickup on the highway in 6" of snow...don't know if it was "good" for it, but it worked ;)

·
Always Dreamin Big
2,300 Posts
As long as you are not running on pavement or real hard dirt roads you should be ok at any speed in 4-hi. I used to run my old Chevy on the lake in the winter all the time, often going ~90 mph in 4-hi. Never had problems. Just remember though, if it's slippery enough on the road to run 4wd then it's slippery enough that you shouldn't be going over 55mph anyway.

·
Registered
75 Posts
blackZR2 said:
Not very smart either
Was 1 of those deals where ur driving, havin fun, & don't realize just how fast yer goin till ya see the speedo. Point was, the 4wd components withstood it...ain't tellin ppl to go out & do 70mph on the highway in half a foot of snow. :)

·
Always in the Dirt
174 Posts
I run 65, 70 all the time on the open road on the way to the trails. Never had a problem just a little more vibration. I don't know why you would want to though, no need to on open roads.

·
Registered
56 Posts
this is from the guys at Jags that Run:

We put a 1989 350 TPI into this 1985 4X4 S10 Blazer for a magazine article. As you can see, it's a tight fit. Due to space limitations, cooling is the biggest problem with the V8 S-10 conversions, especially on the 4X4 models. A lot of information in the cooling system chapter came from this conversion. This conversion took two very long weeks to complete
We installed an NOSÆ nitrous oxide system, and ran it in the quarter mile. In 4-wheel-drive high-range, it ran 13.7 at 95 mph with 235/75-15 Goodyear All Terrain tires. Without the nitrous, it runs 15.2 at 88 mph. Remember, this is a 4-wheel-drive with skid plates and heavy off-road tires. It weighs 3900 lbs. What amazed most people is that the stock axles and transfer case handled the power without breaking. To further demonstrate how strong these parts are, we chained the truck to an immovable object (otherwise known as a one-ton crew cab dualie) and smoked all four tires. The tires actually dug holes in the asphalt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
so... talking about jtr, i have a 86 s10 blazer 4wd, and they say on there website like 2wd or 4wd motor mounts. are those for the s10 with 4wd, or dropping in the engine with 4wd?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts