S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha guys I was wondering are there lower control arms you can get brand new that don’t have riveted ball joints installed or do they all come riveted? I have 4x4 crew cab for preference?

·
Administrator
21,500 Posts
Aloha guys I was wondering are there lower control arms you can get brand new that don’t have riveted ball joints installed or do they all come riveted? I have 4x4 crew cab for preference?
Moved to Steering& General Suspension.

They all come with rivets. If you can get them, go with Moog. Why are you changing the LCA's?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Moved to Steering& General Suspension.

They all come with rivets. If you can get them, go with Moog. Why are you changing the LCA's?
Took it to the alignment guy and said my lca bushing are shot and I need to replace it soon it suck cuz I just replace the bottom ball joint also should I just buy the moog problem solver bushing and just replace the original bushing or get a brand new arm?

·
Administrator
21,500 Posts
It would make life easier if you can have someone press the old out and new one in. If no, just get the complete lca from Moog if it's available. You can always save the new ball joints.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It would make life easier if you can have someone press the old out and new one in. If no, just get the complete lca from Moog if it's available. You can always save the new ball joints.
Yes it would be easier really don’t try and remove the old bushingmyself I heard it’s hassle to get them off plus I’ve heard guys bending or cracking the control arm trying to get this bushing out with the tool? I want to go with moog but I don’t think they have the problem solver series in the lca Ive just found the Rseries

·
Been there Done it
6,877 Posts
I don't think Moog has the problem solver control arms for 01-04 4wd S vehicles.
Same with ACDelco. They only have the "professional series" not the OEM parts.
Moog does have the LCA bushings for $9 each. Remove your control arms and spend the $40-50 to have them professionally pressed out and in. You'll have less than $100 in it, it'll be done right, and you get to keep your new ball joints.
Those DIY press tools are for people too cheap to have it done right.

·
94 4x4,01 Blazer
793 Posts
as slayer mentioned- the diy tool can and will mangle either the bushing or the arm- very hard to get it exactly seated straight even with a monster vise and arms like the Rock, not to mention the done the road issues if you don't get it right and run it....cheaper to take to a shop.Just skip the brew and smokes for a few days(or the charbucks).

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think Moog has the problem solver control arms for 01-04 4wd S vehicles.
Same with ACDelco. They only have the "professional series" not the OEM parts.
Moog does have the LCA bushings for $9 each. Remove your control arms and spend the $40-50 to have them professionally pressed out and in. You'll have less than $100 in it, it'll be done right, and you get to keep your new ball joints.
Those DIY press tools are for people too cheap to have it done right.
You are right I tried looking for the problem solver and they don’t sell the lower control arm just the bushing
I rather save some money and just change that bushing instead I was looking looking at some brand new control arms also did you ever heard of Mevotech? Do they have their premium line called supreme I was thinking getting those and have my coworker just drilling out the those ball joints and install my moogs one?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
as slayer mentioned- the diy tool can and will mangle either the bushing or the arm- very hard to get it exactly seated straight even with a monster vise and arms like the Rock, not to mention the done the road issues if you don't get it right and run it....cheaper to take to a shop.Just skip the brew and smokes for a few days(or the charbucks).
Lol I know I watch some videos on line of guys trying to do it and I was thinking how are those control not bending are t you supposed to support the inside of arms like put a spacer so the metal doesn’t flex when you wrenching down on the press? I’ll Try look in to seeing howmuch it is go change busing knowing Hawai’i everything is expensive shops over her charge the by the hour to install those bushing lol if that’s the case I rather just buy brand new control arms and drill out the rivers ball joints and install my moogs ones have you heard of Mevotech? They have premium brand called supreme and heard some saying it’s good?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts