S-10 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Model - 1993 S-10 Blazer 2-door, 4.3L Vortec, push-button 4wd

I had the problem with my pushbutton 4wd only going into 4 lo and not being able to enter 4hi. i would push the 4hi button and i could here the actuator being enabled, then it would not go into 4hi, it would just stay in 2wd.

Here is what I did to fix it:
(not sure for what other years of s-10 this works for)
goto the fuse box located by the driver's side feet. You will notice a 5A fuse on the right bottom that says "TCCM."
Remove this fuse for awhile (I did overnight, but I think 30 minutes is about good), then put it back in, start your truck up and shut it off once you see the 4x4 lights blink on the 4x4 pushbutton. Repeat this 5 times.

After doing this my 4hi now works again.

What happens is the motor that puts the truck into 4hi has a micro-computer unit that can get "confused" and this process resets the memory in it.

Props to http://pub154.ezboard.com/fs10extremistsfrm61.showMessage?topicID=70.topic for the great info, i almost spent $120 i dont have on posi-lock cables.

PS-Can people that have installed posi-lock post a thread on a review of the Posi-lock system, because I have not been able to find any out there

1 - 1 of 1 Posts