S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1984 s10 / Stroked LS2 / nitrous / AWD
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I’ve been reading in this forum for years and I’m glad to have made the leap to become a member.
-
My current issue is that I cannot find headers to support my build. What I have now an 1984 S10 awd: LS2 na build making 640hp at the crank to a built 700r4 to a new modified BW 7742 awd case. From there it goes front and back via custom drive shafts. Built 8.5 rear end with an Eaton locker and an Astro front diff.
-
For the life of me I haven’t been able to find off the shelf headers to complete this build. I’m needing 1 3/4” primaries to a 3” collector at a minimum. Please help.

·
Been there Done it
10,897 Posts
Not a lot of choices for 4wd. We're the second class citizens of the engine swapping world.
Might also have to do with not a lot of room for big headers.
Hedman Hustler Headers 45300, 03, and 06 are 1-3/4"
Body Lift and 700r4 Transmission Required
For the price you'd think these guys would give a bit more info:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We awd/4wd really are the step-child of the v8 conversions.
-
I like where your head is at but the headman headers won’t clear the transfer case I’m told. I don’t even care about modifying the body to forgo the body lift. I do love that header though and have seen them in action on a 2wd build.
-
LSx everything has a fantastic variety even custom primaries... for 2wd. When I contacted them a few weeks ago I was told that they don’t do any of that for the 4wd. The one they sell is 1 5/8” primaries to a 2.5” collector.
-
I’m in the KC area if anyone knows someone that would do a full custom system.

·
Been there Done it
10,897 Posts
That "DE OPPRESSO LIBER" ring yours?
I was a USAF PJ in the late 60's.
Worked with 5th SFG on occasion.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jump on facebook on the LS pages, im sure you can find someone in your area quickly to build what you are lookin for.
I was hoping someone would know someplace for certain. I’ll consider getting Facebook!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That "DE OPPRESSO LIBER" ring yours?
I was a USAF PJ in the late 60's.
Worked with 5th SFG on occasion.
Thank you for your service. It is mine and that’s a good eye my friend. I’ve done a lot of work with the PJs at Pope AFB, but I did my last 12 years in 10th SFG (ft Carson).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts