S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1991 s10
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys so I have a 1991 s10 that I am planning on doing a v8 swap. My question is about using a 1970`s manual transmission in this project. Can't find any info where anyone else has done this. Question is mainly about the pedals and hardware needed. Any info would be appreciated, thanks.

·
Been there Done it
14,584 Posts
You're going to need a hydraulic slave cylinder on the bottom. There's no provision for old school mechanical clutch linkage. I'm sure someone makes a hydraulic setup for the old style bell housings.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ok guys so I have a 1991 s10 that I am planning on doing a v8 swap. My question is about using a 1970`s manual transmission in this project. Can't find any info where anyone else has done this. Question is mainly about the pedals and hardware needed. Any info would be appreciated, thanks.
I'm a transmission guy.....what engine size and hp are you working with? Rear tire size? Differential gearing?

I've built many T5s back in the day using the G-Force 5 speed gearset to handle the 500-600hp club. The new TKX 5 speed is a great new Tremec transmission. Going old school, a late 60s to early 70s Muncie 4 speed would work. All old school and new manual transmissions can be fitted with a hydraulic TOB.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm a transmission guy.....what engine size and hp are you working with? Rear tire size? Differential gearing?

I've built many T5s back in the day using the G-Force 5 speed gearset to handle the 500-600hp club. The new TKX 5 speed is a great new Tremec transmission. Going old school, a late 60s to early 70s Muncie 4 speed would work. All old school and new manual transmissions can be fitted with a hydraulic TOB.

·
time to get cereal
6,831 Posts
I like old school but I think I like overdrive more. Guess you could always put one of those add-on overdrive units on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts