S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 03 king cab sonoma, im going to put a 07 6.0 and 4L80 in it, i understand theres clearance issues with trans tunnel, is it width or height or both ? If anyone has any info it would be much appreciated

·
Been there Done it
7,041 Posts
I recently bought a 03 king cab sonoma, im going to put a 07 6.0 and 4L80 in it, i understand theres clearance issues with trans tunnel, is it width or height or both ? If anyone has any info it would be much appreciated
Holley makes a bracket for it

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I fit a 4L80 behind a 5.3 in my '92 without much issue. It's tight at the firewall flange and I'll probably bend it back or tweak it for some extra clearance, but should be enough space on your 03 without much more than that too.

4L80 is just a bit bigger all around than the 4L60.

·
Been there Done it
7,041 Posts
ODS is this going in a 4WD converted to 2WD? that crossmember looks like a good one
Don't know anyone who makes a 4wd to 2wd to 4l80e crossmember, but IIRC the 4l60e crossmember is the same for both 2 and 4wd. The transmission mount is exactly the same distance back on both models of the 4l60e transmssion. So it might work.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Don't know anyone who makes a 4wd to 2wd to 4l80e crossmember, but IIRC the 4l60e crossmember is the same for both 2 and 4wd. The transmission mount is exactly the same distance back on both models of the 4l60e transmssion. So it might work.
that said I may go ahead and get one for the 4L60e(using a 4L70e)
just dont know if Im using 2WD or 4WD frame yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts