S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
If you can get it to hook I say go for it.

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
02_Vortech said:
Hey guys do you think it is a wise decision to run nitrous in 1st gear on the 4L60E or should i wait till second?
Well since you have the money to waste on a throttle body spacer, run nitrous in every gear!

·
The SShiznit Yo
395 Posts
Southern said:
Well since you have the money to waste on a throttle body spacer, run nitrous in every gear!
lol. As far as running the juice in 1st, i would have to try it atleast once. Go for it.:D

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
iwantanss said:
lol. As far as running the juice in 1st, i would have to try it atleast once. Go for it.:D
Im sorry i got the TB spacer from my Bro, and plus it was B4 i joined this Forum. Anyways if i was running a 55 shot do you think i could run it everytime in 1st gear or should i build up the tranny first w/ servos/ shift kit/ TRQ converter/ and clutch plates?

·
The SShiznit Yo
395 Posts
I don't know if it would take it but the guys with cam, headers, bolt-ons should be in the 50hp extra range and they run on first gear all the time. Do you understand my logic here? I would think if you want the gidy-up from the nitrous in 1st gear, then you would want a strong shift to second so that the wheels would spin. So all the tranny mods you listed would be beneficial. However I do not think they will be neccessary for the shot you are running.

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
iwantanss said:
I don't know if it would take it but the guys with cam, headers, bolt-ons should be in the 50hp extra range and they run on first gear all the time. Do you understand my logic here? I would think if you want the gidy-up from the nitrous in 1st gear, then you would want a strong shift to second so that the wheels would spin. So all the tranny mods you listed would be beneficial. However I do not think they will be neccessary for the shot you are running.
yes i understand what your saying, persay that someone has a s/c and it adds 75whp well then thats like a 75shot of nitrous in 1st.... so yeah, thanks man.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I dont understand why your scared its gonna hurt to spray it in first but not in the other gears.:dunno:
When I had my 4.3 I was spraying it 150 from a dead stop with slicks everytime I got a chance.

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
0psisdime said:
I dont understand why your scared its gonna hurt to spray it in first but not in the other gears.:dunno:
When I had my 4.3 I was spraying it 150 from a dead stop with slicks everytime I got a chance.
and you havent had a problem, also do you have forged internals????? Also i usually dont launch my truck i just floor it from an dead stop because im A/T, so if i run a 50 shot from a dead stop i will be fine the whole way. AWSOME!

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
GL on not killing anything. Only thing I would say is dont do everythign to your tranny to make it shift hella hard. Probably servos or the shift kit would be good but both is gonna hurt your neck all the time.

·
Banned
2,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Purplepimp said:
mostly likely because of this comment...
I was j/k, because i dont think that i will engage nitrous until 3500 rpm and above, for my transmissions sake thanks to all of you guys info.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
02_Vortech said:
I was j/k, because i dont think that i will engage nitrous until 3500 rpm and above, for my transmissions sake thanks to all of you guys info.
They make controllers to do that automatically at a certain rpm range. That would probably be your best bet to elininate user error. I forget the specifics on them but search and that might be a good way to go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts