S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Too damn old for this sh*
2,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wus sup all you powerhungry freaks;)

I've always heard of conversions from 6 to 8, how about from a 4 to 8?

Some other newbie questions. I've also heard that people use camaro/firebird engines for the swap. How about a vette engine?

I know this is all going to be horribly expensive, so I'm gonna wait until the 4-banger I've got goes kaput and the truck becomes more toy than transportation. :D

Thanks

L8R

P

·
Need MO POWER
17 Posts
check out Nov issue sport truck mag the took a 99 noma and put a 430hp vette motor :bah:
it ran 12s. i called the shop in compton Ca, they said $6k you supply the motor. "that mag, thing was promo for GM"
but u can upgrade your 4 to 8 youll have to chang your trany too.

·
Registered
745 Posts
skills

If you have basic skills you can put any small block in your 10.Its really according to how much power you want!The motor mounts on the frame will have to be changed for sure.A good set of springs and shocks in front are also needed.If you have an early model corvette motor ,you probally will need to change the oil pan because of the different shape.The oil sump is longer and may set the engine back to far.(Clearance on crossmember).The aluminum radiator from 86,87 vette is also a nice part for the change.If you need more help mail me at [email protected]

·
Registered
20 Posts
What is the name of the shop in Compton? The number too if you got it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts