Votes: 12 14.0%
  • Yes, More then these two

Votes: 40 46.5%
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the 2.2 is really slow, but I am just wondering what I can expect out of it. Right now I have a ghetto rigged intake thats worse then stock and no muffler (which means no back pressure). I can peel out on gravel and soaked pavement, but thats it.
If I fix the muffler (put the factory one back on) and get a better intake will this give me a noticeable difference. Will I be able to burn if I put the exaust back on? Its been so long since I have had my exaust on that I dont remember.

K

·
0 Posts
about the pwer thing

I onlt have an APC intake and I can peel ony dry pavement...and I can ctach 2nd and maybe 3rd....

Now a question for you....can you give me a breakdown of what your front bag setup consits of?? l

and did you have a straight bench seat or did you have like the 60/40 split or whatever...any way..how did you cut it to get a console in there?? let me know on that too
Later
Kenny

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was the 60 40, and if you take the drivers/middle seat out and look at the bottom you can see that its the same as the passenger but has a U shaped bar welded on with padding and fabric over it (thats the center seat). I took 5 miniutes to cut it off and it dosent hurt it structurally. I got my mom to cut the fabric off that was the middle seat and sew it down, now it looks factory.
My front kit is the Easy street bolt on kit, I know its not the best, but I got a great deal. It retails for around 499 and I got it for 200 (on ebay). I want to modify it to go lower eventually. If you want to know more about this kit or want me to send pics of the seats you can e-mail me, [email protected]

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I can do some pretty good peeling, except I hate to because I feel stupid leaving a one-legged mark! :D . Anyway, yeah i did make some smoke the other day when I peeled out on the wet pavement, but that doesn't really count. I can't wait till I get posi! It seems like every time I take off around a corner, my tires break loose. And I can chirp 2nd anytime and 3rd on a good day. I don't know if you have an auto or a stick, but I know a stick doesn't take anything to do.

DogP

·
Store bought ain't custom
516 Posts
I can always get it to spin at least one wheel. I've actually spun both a couple times. I don't know what these people that say they can spin second are doing that I'm not. Maybe they forgot to put the torque in my truck when they built it.

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ive never noticed that only one tire will burn. Why is this? and which tire is it, the drivers or passenger?

K

·
0 Posts
it b/c we have limited slip differential...when you load up one wheel ....there is a clutch that inside the rear end that dis-engages and lets the other wheel freewheel.......oh and it depends on which tire has the most load on it ...but if you are goin straigh with no load i believe it is the passenger side that spins...yea it is...oh and hye i wanna see some pics of you seat...and bags....and is your bag kit..up and down or up down side side??...and how many valves do you have?? what size tank and compressordo you have and what size bags are you running??
my e-mail is [email protected]
Later
Kenny

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
hehehe 4cyl power, good oxymoron,

j/p wit ya, you should be able to burn out with those two mods, if not, try and do simple things like a tb spacer, not sure if they make one of those for your truck, and like pullys, once again not sure if they make those for your truck, and turn off the air conditioning if your using that lol, believe me i never knew how much power that stole till last week when i turned mine on, and that was on my v6 god that rips away the power

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got my muffler fixed today and I can spin a little bit, but not as much as I think I should be able to do. My throttle body is probably pretty dirty and I think my intake still leaks (even after half a roll of duct tape) (btw, Im putting a new intake on tommorrow) After tommorrow I hope it works better.

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
One more thing.... my filter is a 20 buck one from autozone. Is it probably worse then stock?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
I'm assuming you must have an auto??? If you have a stick, that is bad because you can make just about any stick peel (i can even peel my dad's saturn). If you do have an auto, you should get a shift improver so it shifts a little harder (causing more squeal :D )

DogP

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was thinking that maybe my clutch could be screwed up, but that doesnt make any sense to me because I would think that I would notice that, or would have noticed when It happened. I can peel some now, but not as good as I should be able to.
When I cut my muffler off the truck had trouble starting at first, then it started better a few hours later. It did the same after I got it welded back on. do you think it was ****ing with the computer and those few hours with out it running lets the comp kinda reset? Also, I dont know what kind of air flow I am getting from my 20dollar autozone filter (is it probably better then stock?) and the tube leaks air. The inside of the throttle body is also pretty dirty, so I think that affects the proformance some too.

·
Ex Bagged Minitrucker
4,651 Posts
Sell ya a K&N airfilter. Brand new. It's the factory type drop-in but allows alot more air-flow.Later,Brandon

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Wow! that sucks... I have never had a problem peeling out on any stick. Even if you rev the engine kind of high and let the clutch out quick it still won't peel out? I don't know what would cause it not to peel, especially w/ a truck w/ very little weight over the wheels.

DogP

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey DogP, How do you peel out. What do ya do, let off the clutch all the way then floor it? Floor it then let off the clutch, or just floor it from a slow speed?

K

·
0 Posts
floor it then dump the clutch...but don't make it habit...or you will be rippin the tranny out soon..and fixin your clutch

1 - 20 of 65 Posts